Deloitte Hyderabad invites internship applications from B.Com and MBA students for the year 2021.
As a result of the implementation of new VAT rules in Europe around Online Marketplaces and the Sellers on such Online Marketplaces, Deloitte has recently established an brand new team that aims at assisting both the Online Marketplaces as well as the sellers, making sure everyone complies with the new rules, today and in the future.
As part of one of our Puck project teams, you get to experience different indirect tax processes end-to-end, from VAT registration, over VAT filings to handling Tax Authorities correspondence. A fast moving journey, that gives you the opportunity to work with clients all over the Globe.
- Full time Bachelor’s (B. Com.) in Commerce or Masters ( MBA) equivalent from reputed University with minimum of 60% and above or equivalent CGPA.
- Candidates from any other fields with experience in VAT can apply.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills at the business and technical level
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products — Excel is a must
- Ability to multi-task various client responsibilities through prioritization of activities
- Capability of handling high work pressure during busy season
- Any additional European language (especially French, Italian, Spanish or German) is an asset
- Prior experience in a VAT compliance role or Support Function via phone is an asset
- Relevant Experience: 0 – 2 years experience.
- Get to know your client’s business inside-out and play a key role in their European indirect tax compliance needs in the end-to-end process.
- Data collection, including general company data, business information, but also periodically obtaining Sales and Purchases information from various systems.
- Highly automated data validation activities through our internal tools & spotting opportunities for improvements continuously.
- Responsible for preparing VAT registration files for your client’s and submitting them towards the various Tax Authorities in Europe following well-defined and standardized processes.
- Responsible for preparing periodical Indirect Tax returns following well-defined and standardized processes and perform pre-agreed quality checks
- Responsible for handling Tax Authorities questions, liaising with the client’s to answer in a fast and accurate way to the various authorities.
- Responsible for handling a number of ad hoc processes, such as arranging for translations.
- Assist our clients with any questions related to the different Indirect Tax processes, helping them clear their doubts in a professional and efficient way.
- Assist in monitoring of client information, including client work status and client contact details
- Working within the India offshore location of Deloitte’s Global Tax Center (Europe), playing a key role in providing European Indirect Tax services to our international clients.
How to Apply
- For Official Notification and Application for the Internship, click HERE