Applications are now invited for the Reuters News Summer Internship Program 2021. Reuters is seeking ambitious, energetic graduates and/ or final year students with excellent language skills to join its real-time news operation in Gdansk, Poland, for a three-month internship.
Successful candidates will be immersed in a fast-paced, international environment, working directly with editorial teams that publish alerts on major corporate news developments; write short stories about major companies in Europe’s biggest economies; produce online packages used by global media customers; and translate international news.
The internship offers the following to learn:
- How Reuters is the fastest news agency in the world, delivering market-moving news to traders, investors, and consumers globally within seconds.
- How to work in a time-pressure environment that requires strong judgment, exceptional attention to detail, and fast reflexes to identify key information from a financial statement.
- How news events impact financial markets, using the leading professional financial terminal, Refinitiv’s Eikon, to monitor prices and analyze developments.
- How to plan coverage of major corporate earnings releases and economic data indicators such as GDP and inflation.
- How to create multimedia packages for Reuters News online clients.
- How to translate market reports, general, political, economic, and company news stories from English at speed (into Russian, Polish, Turkish, Italian, German, French, Spanish, Portuguese).
- Paid, three-month internship at a global news agency in our Text team
- Dynamic, international, diverse working environment
- Opportunity to join the biggest Reuters newsroom in Europe
- Chance to collaborate with other journalists across Europe
- On the job learning and training, with access to Thomson Reuters University resources
- Mentoring through the internship period
- Fluent English and very good knowledge of one other European language.
- A strong interest in journalism and/or financial markets.
- Excellent writing and communication skills; translation skills a strong plus.
- Attention to detail, comfort with handling data and facts accurately and quickly.
- Eagerness to learn and collaborate with others.
- A burning desire to be first with the news.
How to Apply?
- Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here.
- Last date to apply is May 23, 2021.
- For official notification, click HERE.