The Institute of Legislative Drafting and Research of the Ministry of Law and Justice invites applications from law students for a voluntary internship opportunity.
About the Department
The Legislative Department under the Ministry of Law and Justice is mainly concerned with the drafting of all principal legislation for the Central Government viz, Bills to be introduced in Parliament, Ordinances to be promulgated by the President, measures to be enacted as President`s Acts for States under the President`s rule and regulations to be made by the President for Union territories.
It is also concerned with election Laws namely the Representation of the People Act 1950 and the Representation of the People Act 1951. In addition, it is also entrusted with the task of dealing with certain matters relating to List III of the Seventh Schedule to the Constitution like personal law, contract evidence, etc. The responsibility of maintaining up-to-date the statutes enacted by Parliament is also with this Department.
The Voluntary ILDR Internship
The internship is a Voluntary Internship for law students from recognized law colleges in the country.
The objective of the internship scheme is to motivate students in creating interest in legislative drafting as a profession. This internship scheme would enhance the students’ drafting skills and secure knowledge about the working of the Legislative Department.
- 4th and 5th-year students from 5-year integrated law course
- Final year students from a 3-year law course, from a recognized law college in the country.
- Preference shall be given to the students who have opted for Legislative Drafting as a subject in their course of study.
Duration of the Internship
- 4-6 weeks
Maximum Number of Selected Interns
- 5 at a time
Role and Responsibilities
- Any responsibility related to study, research, or other work in connection with the working of the Department.
- They may work under the supervision of any officer to be decided by the department.
- The work done by the interns shall be evaluated by the Department.
- Interns may be required to present a report at the time of completion of their internship.
- Any material prepared by the intern shall be the property of the Department.
- The intern shall be allowed to use the library of the Ministry of Law and Justice only for reference purposes.
- The internship is unpaid.
- No remuneration, allowance, or expense shall be payable by ILDR under the scheme and no employment liability shall be undertaken by it.
How to apply
- The application form given in the notification link below may be duly filled and forwarded to Branch Officer, ILDR, 416 ‘D’ Wing, Legislative Department, Ministry of Law and Justice, Shastri Bhawan, New Delhi-110 001, or emailed to [email protected].
Join our WhatsApp and Telegram groups to stay updated with all opportunities!