The Indian Institute of Science, Education & Research (IISER), Berhampur invites applications for admissions to the Integrated Ph.D. Program.
IISER Berhampur is offering a highly competitive Integrated Ph.D. (iPhD) program in Biological, Chemical, Mathematical and Physical Sciences to bright and highly motivated undergraduate students keen on pursuing a career in the frontier areas of research in basic sciences.
The iPhD program at IISER Berhampur is a program that combines curricula of Masters and Doctoral degrees into a single integrated program with an amalgamation of rigorous coursework and high-quality research, eventually culminating in a Ph.D. degree. The students enrolled in iPhD program will be entitled to get a 2-year MS fellowship and Ph.D. fellowship for a maximum of 5-year.
- Biological Sciences
- Chemical Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Students with minimum 60% marks in aggregate (overall percentage with all subjects where an Honours system is not applicable) in Bachelor’s or any equivalent degree orStudents with 60% marks in the Honours/major subject in aggregate (where such a system is applicable) in a Bachelor’s or any equivalent degree can apply.
The candidate should have qualified one of the following:
- JGEEBILS (conducted in Dec 2019) or JAM -2020 (BL – Biological Sciences or BT – Biotechnology).
- JAM (Chemistry) 2020
- JAM 2020 (MA – Mathematics or MS-Mathematical Statistics) or Valid NBHM Ph.D. examination score.
- JAM (Physics) 2020 or JEST (Physics) 2020.
- All students admitted to the program will be entitled to fellowship for a maximum of seven years from the beginning of the program.
- In the first two years, a student will be supported by an institute fellowship of Rs.12,000/- per month.
- Following the first two years, a student will enter a Ph.D. program which will be supported by an institute Ph.D. fellowship of Rs. 31,000/- and will be subject to all guidelines of the Ph.D. program. The continuation of the fellowship is subject to the maintenance of minimum academic performance according to the program policies.
- Applicants fulfilling the eligibility criteria as stated above will be further shortlisted.
- Shortlisted candidates will be called for a written test and/ or interviews.
How to Apply?
- Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here.
- Last date to apply is June 21, 2021.
- For Official Notification, click HERE