About the Organization
HSBC Holdings plc also called HSBC Group operates in nearly 79 countries. It offers comprehensive financial services encompassing commercial, merchant banks, capital markets, consumer finance, securities, investments, and insurance. The HSBC Group is global in nature, despite the fact that the group is still being centered around the bank from which it evolved The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.
About the Internship
Join HSBC’s Finance Operations team and be part of a transformational journey. We’re embracing cloud technology to revolutionize the way we work and provide candidates with a unique opportunity to learn and contribute to industry-leading change. As we build best-in-class Reporting, Analytics, and Data Operations teams, we’re seeking innovative thinkers who can solve complex challenges using cutting-edge tools and techniques.
Responsibilities of the Intern:
- Work as part of data science/operations/ analytics teams to help deliver exercises such as stress tests/ advanced analytics PoCs/Cloud-based data applications, statistical modeling as well as any additional ad hoc requests from senior management. This is across revenue & cost domain
- Setting up and use of Cloud platform & data for advanced analytics solutions – development & deployment of solutions across various finance verticals
- Support in developing analytical tools, and models to provide insights into the bank’s performance for the above use cases
- Help deliver POCs from various sub-functions by providing subject matter knowledge in the relevant areas.
- Develop programs in Python / R/ BiqQuey/ SQL/ Visualisation tools to deliver the above solutions
- Succinctly summarize the approach and outcomes of analysis, including any key assumptions and/or limitations along with the use of the main data systems related to the above use cases.
- Extract data from the main data systems for use in analysis, and be involved in data preparation, management, and analysis.
- Be agile and continuously learn newer and more efficient ways of solving problems
- Graduate/ Post-graduate degree with relevant field (Finance/Economics/Operation Research/Statistics/Mathematics/ B.Tech/ MBA/ Data Science)
- Certification courses in Data Science/Risk Management or similar areas will be added advantage
- Excellent coding skills in the latest statistical packages/apps SAS/R/Python
- Term papers with demonstrated skills set in modeling, forecasting, and optimization
- Excellent quantitative aptitude and hands-on proficiency with analytical tools such as Python, Qlik, Microsoft Power Automate, Tableau, SAS, and R.
- Highly focused on project delivery, attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
How to Apply
|For Official Notification & To Apply
|Join our Telegram Channel
|Follow us on Instagram
|Join our WhatsApp Groups