Applications are invited for the Facebook Fellowship Programme 2022 supporting PhD students engaged in innovative research.
Facebook, Inc. is an American technology conglomerate based in Menlo Park, California. It was founded by Mark Zuckerberg, along with his fellow roommates and students at Harvard College, who were Eduardo Saverin, Andrew McCollum, Dustin Moskovitz and Chris Hughes, originally as TheFacebook.com – today’s Facebook, a popular global social networking service.
Facebook is one of the world’s most valuable companies. It is considered one of the Big Five companies in the U.S. information technology industry, along with Google, Apple, Microsoft, and Amazon.
Facebook Fellowship Programme 2022-Supporting PhD Students Engaged in Innovative Research
The Facebook Fellowship is a global program designed to encourage and support promising doctoral students who are engaged in innovative and relevant research in areas related to computer science and engineering at an accredited university.
The program is open to students in any year of their PhD study. Facebook Fellowship also encourages people of diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply, especially those from traditionally underrepresented minority groups. Applications are evaluated based on the strength of the student’s research statement, publication record, and recommendation letters.
Please Note: A host of fellowships are available. This post only highlights the Fellowship for Technology Policy Research for PhD students of social sciences, science and technology studies, history and the humanities.
Technology Policy Research Fellowship
- Facebook Fellowship 2022 would like to support PhD students working in the area of technology policy research. Applicants who think critically about the theory and practice of policies that shape the long term impact of technology on society are encouraged to apply.
- This is an interdisciplinary field and we welcome candidates from disciplines that include but are not limited to the social sciences, science and technology studies, history and the humanities.
Fellowship Benefits inlude
- Tuition and fees paid for the academic year (up to two years/four semesters)
- A $42,000 (~32 Lacs INR) annual stipend to cover living and conference travel costs
- Paid visit to Facebook headquarters for the annual Fellowship Summit (pending COVID-19 restrictions)
- Various opportunities to engage with Facebook researchers
- Applicants must be full-time PhD students who are enrolled in an accredited university (in any country) by the start of the Fellowship (i.e., Fall 2022)
- Students must be involved in ongoing research related to one or more relevant disciplines (see available fellowships below)
- Students must remain enrolled full-time for the duration of the Fellowship to receive program benefits
- Students should not apply for Facebook Fellowships if they are actively being funded by Facebook through some other sponsorship or collaboration and/or if they are actively being supervised (or co-supervised) by a Facebook researcher.
For more information on the Facebook Fellowship, click here.