iCALL, TISS Mumbai invites applications for the post of Counsellor (Psychology) on a part-time basis for a contract period of 12 months.
iCALL is a Field Action Project of the School of Human Ecology, Tata Institute of Social sciences. It was established in September 2012 with an objective of providing accessible, affordable and quality counseling services to individuals in distress; particularly those who belong to the marginalized communities.
The candidate shall report directly to the Programme Associate and the Programme Officers at iCALL, and shall be responsible for the following:
- Offer email based counselling along with a team of counsellors
- Address diverse issues related to academics, career, interpersonal relationships, suicide and self harm, gender based violence, gender and sexuality from a psychosocial perspective, over e-mails
- Document and maintain monthly records of emails addressed during the month
- Coordinate with senior team members for supervision and feedback regularly.
Selected candidates will have to undergo a brief training before they start addressing emails. Addressing emails will be a supervised activity whereby an opportunity to learn and upgrade themselves on one hand and to take care of their own mental health issues on the other, will provided on an ongoing basis.
- Possess a Master’s Degree in Counselling or Clinical Psychology
- Have an experience of academic and therapeutic writing
- Be willing to devote 24 hours in a week and be available specifically on Saturday.
- Good writing skills in both Hindi and English and preferably 1 more regional language
- Be skilled in the use of computers for the purpose of documentation, data analysis and email-based counselling
- Be willing to commit for a duration of at least 1 year
- Have sound knowledge of therapeutic process skills and psychotherapy
- Be willing to work in shifts on a weekly rotational basis
- Rs. 15,000 per month.
How To Apply?
Interested applicants may e-mail their CV along with an academic/therapeutic writing sample (in English and Hindi if possible) on icallhelpline[at]gmail.com with the subject line ‘Application for the post of counsellor – E-mail counselling’.
- Last date: 25th November 2021.
- Applications received later than the aforementioned date will not be considered.
- Aparna Joshi; Email: contact.icall[at]tiss.edu