Azim Premji University invites applications for its full time Postgraduate programmes 2023.
Get here complete details of Azim Premji University Admission 2023; courses, eligibility, application process, test structure, previous year question papers and many more.
About the University
Azim Premji University was established under the Azim Premji University Act 2010 of the Government of Karnataka. Azim Premji Foundation, the sponsoring body set up the University as a fully philanthropic and not-for-profit entity, with a clear social purpose.The University started in 2011 and since then has admitted over 2500 students. It currently offers five postgraduate programmes; M.A. Education, M.A. Development, M.A. Public Policy and Governance, M.A. Economics and LL.M. in Law and Development and Undergraduate Degrees in Social Science, Science, Humanities and a Dual Degree in Science and Education
Courses Offered by Azim Premji University
1. M.A. Education
- A unique broad-based programme of study includes theory, practice, research, policy and planning in education.
- Careers opportunities: Roles such as Programme Associates/Managers, Curriculum designers, Teacher Educators, School Leaders, Researchers, etc in the education field.
2. M.A. Development
- The programme aims to prepare individuals capable of informed and thoughtful development action.
- Career opportunities: Roles such as Programme Associates/Managers, Domain Specialists, Researchers and other exciting profiles in organisations working in the domains of livelihoods, sustainability, public health, social entrepreneurship, etc.
3. M.A. Public Policy and Governance
- The programme equips its graduates with knowledge and competencies required to think deeply and act purposefully in challenging situations of solving governance problems.
- Career opportunities: Roles in programme evaluation, research, policy analysis, programme management, advocacy and other aspects of programme operations and governance.
4. M.A. Economics
- The programme (with specialization in Development and Policy) is uniquely designed to develop the next generation of economists with the theoretical knowledge and technical skills to perform high quality analysis grounded in the institutional, developmental and ecological context of contemporary India.
- Career opportunities: A range of engaging career options available within the areas of Development, Public Policy and Economics.
1. Master of Arts in Education / Development / Public Policy & Governance / Economics
- Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline (including Sciences, Social Sciences, Humanities, Engineering, Medicine, Agriculture, Commerce, Management, etc.) from a recognized University.
- Undergraduate students who are appearing for their final year examinations and completing their graduation on or before September 2023 are also eligible to apply. The offer of provisional admission is valid only on successful completion of graduation.
- Note:Candidates with work experience are actively encouraged to apply.Guaranteed 50% waiver on Tuition-fee for candidates with more than 3 years of work experience after graduation.
2. LL.M. in Law and Development
- Bachelor of Laws degree (LL.B. 3years / 5 years) from a recognised University in India or abroad.
- Candidates with relevant work experience are encouraged to apply.
The selection process for the Postgraduate Programme include:
- Entrance Test: Test that will assess the English language capacities and quantitative capacities.
- Personal Interview: Shortlisted Candidates will be called for a personal interview.
National Entrance Test Structure:
- Part-I [Common for M.A. and LL.M. programmes]
|Section||No of questions|
|General & Social Awareness||20|
|Time Duration||2 Hours|
|Part 2||Essay||1||Essay |
(500 words) based on the First
Previous Year Question Papers
If you’re preparing for APU PG 2023, going through APU previous year question papers can be very useful. Wondering how to access them? opportunitycell.com provides you the previous year question papers.
- APU PG 2014 Question Papers PDF Download:Click Here
- APU PG 2015 Question Papers PDF Download:Click Here
- APU PG 2016 Question Papers PDF Download:Click Here
- APU PG 2017 Question Papers PDF Download:Click Here
- APU PG 2018 Question Papers PDF Download:Click Here
- APU PG 2019 Question Papers PDF Download: Click Here
- APU PG 2020 Question Papers PDF Download: Click Here
- Last date to apply: 14 FEB 2023
- National Entrance Test: 12 MAR 2023
- Personal Interviews: APR 2023
- Admission offers: MAY 2023 – JUN 2023
- Academic session commencement: 15 JUL 2023
Note: The dates mentioned are Tentative.
The University provides extensive scholarships, based on the family income of the students.
Need Based Scholarships
- Students with an annual family income of less than 2 lakhs get 100 % scholarships and thereon until 7 lakhs are eligible for different levels of scholarships.
- These scholarships are applicable on both Tuition and Accommodation.
How to Apply?
- Interested applicants can apply for the program through this link.
- For Brochure, Click Here
- To visit the Official Website, Click Here