About the Organization
JP Morgan Chase & Co. is an American multinational investment bank and financial services holding company headquartered in New York City and incorporated in Delaware.
About the Opportunity
J.P. Morgan’s Climate Risk Management team is responsible for developing the firm’s approach to climate-related risk management, including both transition and physical risks. The candidate in this role will bring strong data, research and communication skills to the team to support the build-out of physical climate risk* capabilities across the firm. This is an excellent opportunity to contribute to an exciting and rapidly evolving field within the financial services industry, with high focus and visibility within J.P. Morgan.
We are looking for exceptional candidates with well-rounded skills, including a proficiency in conducting research, performing quantitative analysis in python/R or other relevant applications. Any knowledge of climate risk or sustainability is a bonus, but not a requisite for this role. The candidate should be highly-motivated to help us establish a comprehensive climate risk management framework against an ambitious timeline. The individual needs to be a self-starter, able to articulate his / her thoughts clearly, and have excellent attention to detail. We greatly value a candidate who has a keen sense of ownership and responsibility in each task performed.
The individual will also be interfacing with a variety of internal counterparts across the firm, learning about the many aspects relevant in assessing the potential implications of climate change on a large and global financial institution such as JPMorgan Chase.
- Provide overall support to the team’s climate and physical risk analytical frameworks, with focus on developing methodologies and conducting research on financial impacts of physical risk
- Perform research on a range of climate related topics that affect the firm’s activities
- Become an expert in the datasets we use to manage climate risk, forming conclusions on key trends and patterns and working with data providers to maximise our knowledge
- Help build, maintain and analyse outputs from climate risk assessment models and user tools
- Produce documentation to support climate risk assessment models and user tools
- Help address regulatory expectations and requirements for managing climate-related risk
- Contribute content to the firm’s public and regulatory disclosures
Desired Skills and Experience
- Strong university degree (2:1 equivalent or above), preferably in physical science, engineering, or geography
- Quantitative academic foundations a plus
- Strong sense of ownership and ability to work independently in producing deliverables with high standards and within tight deadlines
- Ability to convey information clearly, accurately and succinctly (both written and verbally)
- Excellent analytical skills: comfortable working with large datasets, knowledge of Python/R is a must
- Experience of working with geospatial data (.tif, .shp, .nc) a benefit
- Ability to draft high-impact presentations and documentation, strong attention to detail
How to Apply
- CLICK HERE, for Official Notification and Application