The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) is inviting applications from eligible candidates for the ITD Internship Program 2022.
The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) is a regulatory body established by an Act of Parliament to protect the interests of investors in securities, to promote the development of, to regulate the securities market and for matters connected therewith or incidental thereto.
The Information Technology Department (ITD) of SEBI works intensively to establish, maintain and improve the Information Technology (IT) infrastructure, systems and services in SEBI.
About the Internship
The Interns accepted under this program would be given an opportunity to work on different Information Technology (IT) projects including Data Analytics (DA), regulatory business processes and reporting, and FinTech at SEBI.
Such projects will provide an exceptional opportunity to the interns to apply their IT and DA skills while gaining valuable exposure to the functioning of the Indian capital markets.
Duration of Internship
- The internship program is proposed to be for a contiguous period of minimum 1 year which may comprise of either 2 semesters and 1 summer / winter internship period or 3 trimesters and 1 summer / winter internship period or fulltime internship for a minimum period of 6 months.
Schedule of Internship
- Option 1: Full time internship for a minimum period of 6 months (on need basis including Saturdays) Or
- Option 2: At least 3 days a week of internship at SEBI (excluding Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays) for a minimum 1 year duration.
A candidate for this program shall be:
- A student pursuing a full-time MBA/MCA/MTech or equivalent degree or diploma of a duration of two years from an eligible institute, and
- Holding a full-time graduate degree in engineering or a BCA degree, and
- Having a strong aptitude for computer programming and data analytics. A basic understanding of financial markets is desirable but not mandatory, and
- Having minimum 60% aggregate marks at graduate level or equivalent CGPA, and
- With age not more than 30 years as on 01/01/2022, and
- Candidate should be an Indian citizen only.
Place of Posting
- The interns shall be posted at SEBI Head Office in Mumbai.
- For interns undergoing internship at SEBI for 3 days in a week for minimum 1 year: Rs. 25,000/-
- Interns undergoing internship at SEBI for 4 days in a week for minimum 1 year: Rs. 30,000/-
- For interns undergoing full time internship at SEBI for a minimum period of 6 months: Rs. 50,000/-
- SEBI will scrutinize the expressions of interest and shortlist the institutes and the candidates.
- Shortlisting of institutes may be carried out based on, inter alia, the rankings provided by National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) or other such widely followed ranking and/or the number of interested eligible candidates and profiles of such candidates as submitted by the institute, etc.
- Candidates Shortlisting: May be carried out based on, inter alia, their academic performance, relevant work experience, knowledge of computer programming languages, databases and data analytics tools, relative rank of candidate within the class or batch, etc.
- Interviews: The shortlisted candidates will be asked to appear for interviews at SEBI Head Office at their own cost. Assessment during the interviews will be, inter alia, based on demonstration of computer programming, problem solving, data analytics as well as soft skills, such as communication skills.
- SEBI shall intimate the respective institutes regarding the selected candidates.
How to Apply?
- Expression of Interest: The eligible institutes may express their interest to participate in SEBI ITD Internship Program 2022 in the prescribed format (Annexure 1) along with the relevant enclosures on or before August 6, 2022, including the profiles of the interested eligible candidates in the prescribed format (Annexure 2).
- All correspondences to SEBI shall be addressed to the following: Chief General Manager, Information Technology Department, SEBI Bhavan, C4-A, G Block, Bandra Kurla Complex, Bandra (East), Mumbai – 400051, Maharashtra, India.
- Application Deadline: August 6, 2022 [Deadline Extended]
- Any clarifications in this regard may be sought by email to [email protected]