About the Organisation
Teach For India is on a journey to reach an India free of poverty and filled with love by ending educational inequity in our country.
What Teach For India Can Offer You
The opportunity to be part of one of the most established and visionary movements in the education sector in India which is at a pivotal point in terms of expanding its scale and outreach across the nation and working with changemakers across the country.
- A challenging yet flexible workplace in which every individual employee’s Staff journey is tracked for excellence and leadership development.
- A work environment in which employees’ holistic well-being is a core priority, enabling people to be their best selves.
- Access to connections and resources from the global Teach For All network that includes partner organizations spanning 50+ countries across 6 continents.
Remuneration that is competitive within the top quartile of the Indian NGO pay scales, and a benefits package that includes extensive medical insurance and maternity coverage for both parents.
Reporting to: Manager, Kids Education Revolution
Please note that this is a full time Associate, Consultant contractual role for a period of 1 year open to long term renewal.
Kids Education Revolution is a project that sits under the Innovation Cell at Teach For India. It was established in 2017 with the pursuit of reimagining education WITH children, not just within TFI’s program and classrooms, but also beyond TFI to explore the possibility of scaling principles that challenge the traditional education system. KER aims to learn and spread out a constantly evolving & growing understanding of an excellent education.
The Phase 4 vision for the Kids Education Revolution is to build a movement of more than 20,000 student leaders who will reimagine education in partnership with their educators and a movement of 2 million people who will advocate and act collectively for educational equity, in partnership with other teams at Teach for India.
As an Associate Consultant, the role would entail effectively co-project managing and executing musicals and productions that help elevate student voice and agency. We have taken many steps in our journey of musicals, starting from Maya (2014) to Greatest Show on Earth (2019) and now The Conference of the Birds – a larger-than-life musical with 25 under-resourced school students from Pune, based on embodying the constitutional values of Liberty, Equality, Justice, and Fraternity.
Roles and Responsibilities
As an Associate, Consultant at Kids Education Revolution
- End-to-end project management and execution of the musicals and productions
- Design and implement a curriculum that integrates academics, values and arts with a group of students from under-resourced schools
- Work in collaboration with a team of artists (director, choreographer, musician, instructors), volunteers and designers (set, costume, props, light, sound) to ensure on-time completion of deliverables, while maintaining high levels of excellence
- Invest in diverse stakeholders to advocate for student voice and agency
- Support with monitoring, evaluation and documentation to assess the effectiveness and impact of the project/s
- Work closely with the team to design and execute powerful learning experiences for students and educators towards exploring the 3 Principles and 8Cs of KER
As a Staff member at Teach For India
- Contributing to the team goals and priorities beyond individual goals and priorities
- Serving as an ambassador of the Teach For India brand and an advocate for our work and for educational equity in our country through both internal and external communication after committing time in our classrooms to understand our work more deeply
- Supporting with key organizational areas such as Recruitment, Selection, Fundraising, Volunteering, Movement Building
Minimum Qualifications, Experiences and Expectations
- 0-3 years of professional experience in teaching/education
- Experience in driving operations in high-pressure, goal-driven environments
- Experience of having planned and executed complex projects with multiple priorities in a college or work setting
- Experiences of having taken initiative in the past
- Demonstrable ability to work towards ambitious goals in the face of challenges
- Excellent (written and verbal) communication and Project Management skills
- Orientation towards innovation (openness, risk-taking, embracing failure) and scale (strategic thinking, identification of key levers, making bets)
- Previous experience in arts/managing productions would be an added advantage (not mandatory)
- Experience of having collaborated effectively with a broad range of individuals and groups
How to Apply?
|CLICK HERE TO APPLY||CLICK HERE|
|Join our Telegram Channel||Click Here|
|Follow us on Instagram||Click Here|
|Join our WhatsApp Groups||Click Here|
Looking for similar opportunities, join Opportunity Cell on Instagram or Telegram here.