Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the Zukunftskolleg Herz Fellowships 2022 for Doctoral & Postdoctoral Researchers.
About Zukunftskolleg Herz Fellowships 2022
In 2020, the University of Konstanz won the Henriette Herz Award launched by the Alexander-von-Humboldt-Stiftung to promote the active recruitment of excellent international early career researchers and support their integration into the German and global academic community.
With the award, the Zukunftskolleg will offer Zukunftskolleg Herz Fellowships. The (post-)doctoral stipends for up to 4 months aim to attract excellent early career researchers from Africa, Asia and Latin America.
The on-site stipends are complemented by a digital fellowship extending it to a 12-month Herz Fellowship. Zukunftskolleg Herz Fellowships will be awarded based on gender and diversity-sensitive nomination.
- Herz Fellows were born AND work in a country in Latin America, Asia or Africa.
- You hold a doctorate (max 2 years, doctoral degree granted after 15 February 2020) OR are a doctoral student in your final year.
- Herz Fellows do not hold a permanent professorship, nor have a habilitation or equivalent qualification.
- Their research project should tie in with one of the disciplines represented at the University of Konstanz.
- Their academic education was completed at a university in Latin America, Asia or Africa (preferable).
- During the on-campus research stay, a stipend of € 1,200/month for doctoral students and € 2,000/month for postdoctoral researchers.
- Standard expenses for one economy-class trip to Konstanz and back.
- The chance to participate in events organized by the Zukunftskolleg.
- Access to Career Kit Plus offers (via Academic Staff Development, Research Support, International Office, Equal Opportunities Office).
- Access to library resources and IT services
- Herz Fellows will benefit from a digital affiliation extending the total period to 12 months. The digital affiliation will be support with up to 900€ (lump sum).
How to Apply?
As prospective local host of the nominated candidates, submit the following application documents as separate PDF files in English to [email protected].
Proposals should include:
- A short nomination letter by the local host (max. 1 page)
And the application documents provided by the nominee and submitted by the local host (single PDF file):
- A short motivation letter by the nominated candidate (max. 1 page)
- 200 word abstract on the joint research project
- Short summary of the candidate’s current research project and outlook on the joint research project (together max.3 pages incl. bibliography)
- A detailed work and time plan for the on-campus research stay (3 months – with justification for up to 4 months, start date between 1 September 2022 and 15 October 2022)
- The candidate’s curriculum vitae
- Relevant certificates (doctoral certificate OR letter from their supervisor on the status of the thesis)
- March 15, 2022
Questions can be directed to Daniela Kromrey via e-mail: [email protected] or by phone: (0)7531 88–5686.