About Revitalising Rainfed Agriculture Network (RRAN):
RRAN is a dynamic network consisting of 600 organizations, researchers, and individuals dedicated to revitalizing rainfed agriculture. Our vision is to establish productive and resilient rainfed agricultural systems, driving equitable and sustainable development. Operating across 8 states with over 80 organizations, we work diligently to enhance the productivity and resilience of diverse rainfed agriculture systems. With 9 thematic groups, we strategically influence public investments to foster sustainable development.
Join Us as a Young Professional:
Are you passionate about making a difference in rainfed agriculture? RRAN is seeking a Young Professional to contribute to our mission. As a member of the Working Group on Millets (#WGoM), you’ll coordinate with partners, schedule activities, and collaborate with thematic working groups. Your self-motivation, critical thinking, and effective communication will drive success in this role.
Role Overview: Communications Specialist
The rainfed regions of India pose unique challenges to modern agriculture. RRAN collaborates with local communities, drawing from indigenous knowledge to create actionable research and policy initiatives. As a Communications Specialist, you’ll create and maintain a communication strategy that highlights the work of thematic groups and state/regional networks. Your interpersonal skills, autonomy, and proactive approach will be instrumental in collaborating with diverse stakeholders.
Working Group on Millets (WGoM):
The WGoM, formed in collaboration with experts across India, focuses on reviving millet cultivation and consumption. Key objectives include engaging with policymakers, organizing consultations, developing resources, and contributing to millet policies and programs.
- Coordinate with network partners and maintain regular communication to align objectives and share progress.
- Compile and organize documents, research papers, and policies related to the millet value chain for easy stakeholder access.
- Assist in creating communication materials like guides, reports, videos, and articles to convey key messages and best practices.
- Facilitate training, workshops, webinars, and millet festivals.
- Travel extensively (12-15 days a month).
- Bachelor’s degree in agriculture or Master’s Degree in relevant fields.
- At least two years of experience in agriculture or allied sectors.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite and Google Suite.
- Proficient in English and Hindi; knowledge of regional languages is a plus.
- Strong communication, management, and stakeholder management skills.
- Willingness to travel extensively.
- Compensation: 30,000 INR per month.
- Contract duration: 1 year.
How to Apply:
- Interested candidates can apply using the Google Form by CLICKING HERE.
- Please attach your resume/CV and a cover letter detailing your motivation for the role and your relevant skills and experience.