About the World Bank Young Professionals Programme (WBG YPP) 2023
Applications for the World Bank Group Young Professionals Programme (WBG YPP) 2023 (IFC Placement) are now open. The World Bank and IFC have merged their respective Young Professionals Programs into one World Bank Group Young Professionals Programme (WBG YPP).
The new program is now accepting applications on behalf of three institutions (the World Bank, IFC and MIGA). Building on the rich legacy of its predecessor programs, the WBG YPP will recruit and develop future leaders to collaborate effectively across the institutions on joint WBG solutions to development challenges.
- The WBG YPP is a two-year leadership development programme at the start of a five-year employment contract with the World Bank, IFC or MIGA.
- Young Professionals (YPs) start the programme in Washington, DC, where they engage in intensive training-on-the-job and in the classroom-learning the fundamentals of leadership and development operations across institutions, and how to identify opportunities for joint impact.
- Key program features include:
- Professional Experience
- Leadership Development
- Training on WBG Policies,Products and Operations
- Global Rotations across WBG
- Coaching & Mentoring
- Networking Events
- Management-supported rotations & job placements
Compensation and Benefits
- The WBG YPP offers a competitive salary and benefits package as part of a 5-year term contract.
- Benefits include:
- life and accident insurance,
- a pension plan
- Possible relocation and mobility benefits
General Eligibility Criteria
To be considered for the WBG YPP, applicants must:
- Be born on or after October 1, 1991
- Have a master’s or doctoral degree
- Specialize in a field relevant to YPP Business Areas
- Demonstrate relevant professional experience or continued study at the doctoral level
- Be fluent in English
- The Bank’s Group recruitment policy is to hire staff of the highest caliber, on as wide a geographical basis as possible, with preference to nationals of WBG member countries or countries of operations.
IFC & MIGA–Eligibility Criteria
- For IFC & MIGA placement: Complete a relevant graduate degree by September 2023. Fields of study should be related to an IFC or MIGA Business Area, including but not limited to a Master’s of Business Administration (or equivalent), Economics, Finance, International Relations, Science and Engineering.
- Experience for IFC & MIGA placement: Demonstrate4+ years of relevant experience in finance, political risk insurance and credit enhancement, project/program development, economic development and/or consulting. Certifications such as the CFA are a plus.
- July 3 – July 31: Applications Open for all World Bank, IFC and MIGA profiles
- August 15 – September 30: Applications Re-Open for IFC profiles only
- July–August: Applicants screened for minimum eligibility requirements
- September – October: Technical review of eligible applicants, to determine shortlisted candidates
- November – January: Assessments and interviews scheduled
- February: Offers extended and decisions announced to all candidates
- September: New WBG YPP cohort joins the World Bank Group
- Applications are open from August 15 – 30 for IFC and MIGA profiles only.
- Application checklist include:
- Academic Credentials (Diploma, Degree Completion Letter, Proof of Enrollment with Expected Graduation Date or Transcript.)
- 1 Short Essay
- Short Summary of Thesis or Dissertation (World Bank candidates, only if applicable)
- 3 Professional or Academic Recommendations (recommendations will be requested via email during the eligibility screening stage.)
Short Essay Question
Answer the following (in 750 words or 4,500 characters or less):
- Why you are interested in the WBG YPP and in your preferred institution (IBRD, IFC or MIGA);
- Why you are the right person for the role; and
- Given the current global context, how can the World Bank Group help our country clients support and reach a green, resilient and inclusive development? Include rebuilding on progress lost on the WBG’s twin goals over the past few years, as it relates to your area of work.
How to Apply?
- CLICK HERE, to apply for the World Bank Young Professionals Program.
- CLICK HERE, for the Official Notification of World Bank Young Professionals Program.
- Last Date to Apply: July 31
- Guide: How to Draft Your Resume/CV
- Guide: Interview Guide by Harvard
- Tips from Angella: Angella’s (World Bank Young Professional) series of four blogs
- Tips from Sharada Srinivasan: Sharada Srinivasan’s (World Bank Young Professional) has written about her experiences in detail here
- Increase Your Selection Chances by Booking Our Services, CLICK HERE to BOOK