Applications are open and ongoing for the World Bank Junior Professional Associates (JPA) Program (WB-JPA Program). Apply Now!
About World Bank
The World Bank is an international financial institution that provides loans and grants to the governments of low- and middle-income countries for the purpose of pursuing capital projects.
It comprises two institutions: the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD), and the International Development Association (IDA). The World Bank is a component of the World Bank Group.
Junior Professional Associates (JPA) Program
The Junior Professional Associate (JPA) program is a unique opportunity to gain entry-level professional experience and first-hand exposure to the challenges – and rewards – of international development.
This program is made for recent graduates with a passion for and commitment to helping others. It offers a solid, two-year entry-level work experience in a multicultural environment.
In your JPA assignment, you’ll use your strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, your knowledge of technology and your research abilities – working with more senior colleagues and project teams in their work both in operations and in corporate functions. You’ll have an opportunity to hone your skills and acquire new ones while gaining first-hand exposure to the challenges of reducing poverty and boosting shared prosperity. Your experience as a JPA may be used as a stepping stone to a career in government, consulting, the private sector, academia or other development agencies
The following are minimum requirements to be eligible for the JPA program:
- Be 28 years of age or younger on your first day of service
- Hold the equivalent of a Bachelor’s degree
- Be fluent in English
- One or more of the Bank’s working languages is a plus: Arabic, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish.
Skills and Other Desired Competencies
- Superior academic achievements that places you in the top portion of your graduating class.
- Analytical and research skills extending to areas of specialization such as: economics, finance, human development (public health, education, nutrition, population), social sciences (anthropology, sociology), agriculture, environment (climate, blue economy), infrastructure, private sector development, as well as other related fields, including corporate and administrative functions (IT, legal, accounting, communications, etc).
- Fluency in English and, preferably, in at least one other Bank language (French, Spanish, Russian, Arabic, Portuguese, or Chinese).
- Love for technology and integrating it in your work.
How to Apply?
- Interested candidates may apply online. (Please take care to provide required information where indicated). Please note that applications will be kept active in our database for a period of six months. Should you still be interested in JPA program after six months, you will need to re-apply.
- Only those identified for an assignment will be contacted to discuss their interest and availability.
- Candidates are selected by the hiring manager on a highly competitive basis.
- Positions may be located in any of the World Bank’s offices across the world.
- Recruitment and hiring for this employment category is ongoing throughout the year.