About the Organization:
VV empowers marginalized people to tell their stories and create change campaigns, so that their issues come out from under the rug and become important threads in India’s development narrative. VV believes the world would be a better place if the voices of thousands joined together to amplify every single cry for justice. We believe that marginalized citizens have as much of a right to be seen and heard as the privileged do.
About the Role:
The role of the Communication Lead/Manager is to create and execute a social media strategy, increasing awareness of Video Volunteers’ brand and managing all of VV’s online content. The successful candidate will promote VV’s videos, impacts, campaigns, and news via Facebook, Twitter, and other social media platforms.
Join Our Telegram Group: Click Here
The person will be required to get VV established as a major presence with large and concrete followers on approximately a half dozen platforms. In addition, the role is about virality – about enabling certain key videos or campaigns to go viral in social media.
The person also needs to understand the VV content, as they are in charge of prioritizing social media strategies in an environment where we are publishing multiple videos a day, and to be able to identify a particular audience for a particular video.
Roles and Responsibilities
The communication lead/manager will:
- Writes fantastic content that greatly increases engagement on VV’s social media platforms.
- Responsible for SEO and generation of inbound traffic.
- Is responsible for developing strategies to increase VV’s fan base on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube by outlining a content editorial calendar and conceptualizing strategies to increase audience participation.
- Is the primary person to carry out VV’s Facebook and Twitter activities.
- Acts as the voice of VV on those public sites, actively engaging followers in a dialogue in an effort to transform visitors into advocates for VV.
- Collaborates with the Production and Impacts teams in VV to create relevant content and interactive media experiences through social sites.
Join Our Whatsapp Group: Click Here
- Researches and executes search engine optimization best practices in order to draw in new visitors.
- Identifies outside consultants to work with where needed.
- Develops online advertising (such as google ad grants or Facebook advertising) to drive traffic to social sites.
- Delivers regular updates to supervisors concerning traffic and conversion of visitors Skills & Education
Skills and Qualification:
- The ideal candidate will have at least Five years of social media marketing experience
- Must be a person who lives and breathes content, and is highly creative. Must have documented immersion in social media. (Give links to profiles as examples).
- Exhibits the ability to jump from the creative side of marketing to the analytical side, able to demonstrate why their ideas are analytically sound.
- Displays in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, their respective participants (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc.), and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios.
- Maintains a working knowledge of the principles of SEO including keyword research and Google Analytics. Highly knowledgeable in the principles of “Search and Social.”
- Possesses functional knowledge and/or personal experience with WordPress.
- Must be a fantastic writer, with all the skills of writing in an engaging manner for the online audience. Must be able to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and video format.
- Can plan sharp, innovative campaigns and be able to quickly adapt those strategies in response to viewer feedback.
- Must possess a great ‘voice’ online that is respectful, engaging, and personable in order to retain visitors and engage them in one-on-one interactions.
- Must have a good knowledge of VV values, programs, and its human rights framework, as you will be the conduit between the public and VV and the public will view you as an authority on our work.
- Must be ready to work at highly irregular hours from time to time, as you may interact with our subscribers in multiple time zones and be expected to perform updates in the early morning or late at night.
How to Apply
- This is a full-time position based at our head office in Goa. To apply for this position please fill up this google form: https://forms.gle/D9NSBfWU2GYK1iMZ9
- In case of any queries, please reach out to [email protected]