University of Otago Scholarships in New Zealand is a marvelous opportunity for all domestic and international students. Do you want to pursue your post-graduate degree in New Zealand on scholarship? Take the chance; your luck has taken you to the right page.
You should have the research potential to get selected, and your academic record should be strong enough to excel among the other applicants.
This scholarship in New Zealand is an amazing opportunity to refine your research skills according to the current market trends. These research scholarships will combine classroom lectures, tutorials, lab experimentation, assignments, and reading materials.
About the University
The University of Otago, New Zealand’s first university, started with few resources and has now extended its sphere from Invercargill to Auckland. This international University has a history of passing out around 4500 post-graduates and more than 1500 doctoral students. It has been placed at 194th position according to the QS world ranking and among the top-class international universities.
With 13 flagship research centers, the University of Otago has gained research and teaching excellence by winning three Prime Minister’s Science Prizes in the last decade. New Zealand’s top university has spent $208 million in external research funding.
The Otago has topped the TEC’s Educational performance indicators that express the performance and retention rating of the students. Moreover, the University has won the Supreme Award six times over the past nine years.
You will get the opportunity to engage with those Otago teams who are highly successful in business case and debate competitions across the world.
The international scholarship opportunities by the University of Otago will prove to be a worthy option for the participants. The Otago students are recognized for their negotiating, interpersonal, conceptual, independent judgment, and analytical skills. Therefore, global employers used to love Otago students. More than 90% of Otago students get jobs quickly once they complete their education.
University of Otago Scholarships in New Zealand:
- New Zealand
- University of Otago
Number of Scholarships:
- 180 University of Otago postgraduate research scholarships in New Zealand
- Professional Doctorates
- The duration of the research scholarship is 36 months.
The University of Otago Scholarship Benefits 2023:
- Support funding for doctoral research.
- NZ $30,696 stipend annually for Doctors of Philosophy and other professional doctorates.
- Domestic tuition fee waiver for Doctors of Philosophy for up to 36 months.
- Tuition fee waiver for up to 36 months.
- Exposure to conducting research in an International environment.
- Awareness of advanced research methods and techniques.
Eligibility Criteria of the University of Otago Scholarships 2023:
- All domestic and international students can apply.
- Completion of Master’s degree with at least 0.75 EFTS.
- Relevant advanced papers should be followed with the degree.
- In case a Master’s degree is not completed, the grades of all relevant advanced-level papers will be considered.
- If prior qualifications are completed by any other University, the GPA score should be mentioned on the transcripts.
- The applicant’s potential for research is preferred.
- The applicant’s track record of research is preferred.
- Recommendation of the concerned Head of the department is necessary.
How to Apply for the University of Otago Scholarships 2023?
- CLICK HERE to visit the Official Website.
- Students have to apply through the University’s website.
- Complete the application for admission with the relevant qualification.
- Answer all questions carefully.
- Review your application form carefully.
- After the submission of the application, an invitation to apply for the scholarship will be received in your e-Vision portal.
Selection Criteria for the University of Otago Scholarships in New Zealand:
- Potential for research.
- Academic merit.
- There is no closing date. The applicant may apply anytime throughout the year.