About the Organisation:
The United Nations is an intergovernmental organization whose stated purposes are to maintain international peace and security, develop friendly relations among nations, achieve international cooperation, and serve as a centre for harmonizing the actions of nations.
About the Opportunity:
This internship is UNPAID and is designed to be in person and full-time (35 hours per week) on the United Nations premise (New York, USA). This internship can be adjusted based on the needs of the successful candidate to part-time (20 hours per week) and/or remote.
This internship is located in the Addressing Mis/Disinformation Team in the Policy and Best Practices Service (PBPS), Division of Policy, Evaluation and Training (DEPT) in the Department of Peace Operations (DPO). The Intern will report to the Policy Officer and the Senior Programme Management Officer of the Addressing Misinformation/Disinformation Team.
- be enrolled in, or have completed, a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
- be enrolled in, or have completed, the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum bachelor’s degree or equivalent).
- Applicants to the UN Internship Programme are not required to have professional work. experience. However, a field of study that is closely related to the type of internship that you are applying for is required.
- Applicants must be a student in the final year of the first university degree (bachelor or equivalent), Master’s or Ph.D. Programme or equivalent, or have completed a Bachelor’s, Master’s or PH.D. Programme. Do you meet any of the above criteria? If yes, please indicate which one and attach proof to the application. Please note that you will have to provide an official certificate at a later stage.
- Experience in conducting research and analysis is desirable.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist in conducting research on issues related to the mis/disinformation;
- Assist in monitoring and analysing the information environments, within peacekeeping settings, using various digital platforms;
- Assist in the production and review of various policies, papers, and other documents/materials;
- Assist in preparing reports, concept papers, policy documents, talking points, articles and other materials;
- Assist in the development of strategic communications, presentations and visualizations;
- Attend and take notes at conferences and meetings;
- Assist in servicing conferences and meetings
- Assist in maintaining/managing databases
- Perform other duties as required