Applications are invited for UGC PG Scholarship 2021 for Professional Courses for SC/ ST. The last date of application submission is 30 November 2021.
The scheme has been initiated keeping in view the social background of the candidates from the deprived section of the society and to provide them opportunity to undertake postgraduate level studies in Professional subjects like Engineering & Technology, Management, Pharmacy etc. in Indian Universities/Institutions/ Colleges.
The objective of the scheme is to provide financial assistance to 1000 SC/ST candidates to pursue postgraduate level studies in Professional subjects in the eligible institutions as given below.
For the purpose of award of the scholarship students who are pursuing professional courses in the following Institutions/ Colleges/ Universities:
- Universities/Institutions/Colleges included under section 2(f) & and 12(B) of UGCAct.
- Deemed to be Universities included under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956 and eligible to receive grants-in-aid fromUGC,
- Universities/Institutions/College funded by Central/StateGovernment.
- Institutes of National Importance.
Courses which require approval from Regulatory Council i.e. Medical Council of India (MCI), Dental Council of India (DCI), Pharmacy Council of India (PCI), Rehabilitation Council of India (RCI), NCTIS, NCTE Bar council of India (BCI), All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR), INC, FORENSIC REGULATORY & DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY OF INDIA are considered professional courses.
- The candidates fulfilling the eligibility conditions are required to apply online on National Scholarship Portal after issue of advertisement to be published by the UGC once in a year through leading newspaper and Employment News and also on UGC website.
- The host institution where the candidate is studying is required to verify the online application.
Nature of Assistance
- The tenure of award is for two/three years depending upon tenure of the postgraduate course and not for extended period of study, if any.
- Candidates selected for the award of PG scholarships (under ME/MTech.) shall be provided Scholarship @ Rs. 7800/-per month for the duration of the PG Scholarship. For other courses, the amount of scholarship will be paid @Rs. 4500/- per month.
- No contingency is payable to the students selected under the scheme with effect from selection year 2017-18.
- The scholarship shall be payable to the awardee from the date of joining the Post Graduate I year course during the selection year.
- The University/ Institute/ College should verify the application of the candidates with regard to the professional courses as provided in the guidelines.