University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test (UGC NET) is a national-level exam conducted in order to select candidates for only Assistant Professor or both Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and Assistant Professor in Indian universities and colleges. Till June 2018, Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) conducted NET on behalf of UGC. However, from December 2018 onwards National Testing Agency (NTA) startedconducting the UGC NET exam.
Let us first have an overview of UGC NET 2020 which is tabulated as follows:
|Name of the Exam||University Grant Commission National Eligibility |
Test (UGC NET)
|Exam Conducting Authority||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Name of the Posts||Assistant Professor and Junior Research Fellowship& Assistant Professor|
|Job Location||All over India|
|Mode of |
|Mode of Fee |
UGC NET Online Application 2020: Important Dates
Let us also have a look at the important dates for the exam:
|Events||UGC NET 2020 June Dates|
|Release of UGC NET Online Application||March 16, 2020|
|Last Date to Apply for UGC NET 2020 (June)||June 15, 2020 (Upto 5 PM)|
|Last Date for UGC NET 2020 (June) Fee Payment||June 15, 2020 (Upto 11: 50 PM)|
|UGC NET Application Form Correction||To Be Announced|
|Release of UGC NET Admit Card||To Be Announced|
|UGC-NET Exam||To Be Announced|
UGC NET Online Application – Eligibility Criteria
Before knowing how to apply for UGC NET 2020, let’s have a look at UGC NET Eligibility Criteria which is listed as follows:
For JRF: Candidates must not be more than 30 years of age as on 01-06-2020.
Besides that, there is also a provision for relaxation in the upper age limit of the candidate. However, the relaxation in the age limit shall not exceed 5 years.
|OBC/ SC/ ST/ PWD/ Transgender/ Women Applicants||5 Years|
|Candidates with research experience (with valid Certificate)||Max. 5 Years (limited to a period spent on research)|
|Candidates with LLM Degree||3 Years|
|Candidates who have served the armed forces||Max. 5 Years|
For Assistant Professor: No upper age limit to apply for UGC NET 2020
- Candidates have to secure at least 55% of marks in the Master’s Degree or equivalent examination from a university recognized by UGC. However, the reserved candidates will have to secure at least 50% of the marks.
- The Ph.D.degree holders whose Master’s level examination have been completed by 19th September 1991 (irrespective of the date of declaration of result) shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks (i.e.from 55% to 50%) for appearing in NET.
How To Fill UGC NET Online Application Form 2020?
The steps to apply for UGC NET 2020 are as follows:
Stage I: Registration
- Visit the official website of NTA – ugcnet.nta.nic.in
- Click on – ‘Fill Online Application Form UGC NET June 2020’ present on the home page.
- A new page will open. Now click on the button “New Registration”.
- An instruction page will be displayed. Read it and click on the ‘check box’ present at the bottom of the page. Thereafter, click on the button ‘Click Here To Proceed‘.
- A new page will open. Enter your basic details, such as Name, Mobile Number, Email ID, etc.
- Once you have filled all the required details, click on the button “Submit”.
- After successful submission of the details, an Application Number and Password will be generated for you. Note them down.
Stage II: Filling Up Of UGC NET Application
- Once you have registered with NTA you now need to login to your account using the login credentials – Application Number and Password.
- Enter the following details:
Personal Details which includes Candidate’s Name, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name, Date of Birth, Mobile Number, etc.
Candidate’s Communication Details which includes Address, Locality, City, District, State, PIN Code, Permanent Address, etc.
Educational Details which includes details of Schools and Colleges studied in, Name of the Course, Name of the College, Year of Passing, etc.
Apart from the above details, candidates also need to choose their preferred exam centre, post applying for, subjects applied for, etc.
- After filling in all the details, verify them and click on “Submit”.
Stage III: Uploading Photograph And Signature
Candidates need to upload the scanned images of their Photograph and Signature as specified below:
- The scanned image must be in jpg/jpeg format.
- The size of the scanned image of the photograph should be in between 10kb to 200kb and the dimension should be of 3.5cm X 4.5 cm.
- The size of the scanned image of the signature should be between 4kb to 30kband the dimension should be of 3.5 cm X 1.5 cm.
- After uploading the document candidates must preview their uploaded images.
- Once completed click on the “Submit” button.
Stage IV: Fee Payment
- Once you have successfully uploaded the images, the next step is to pay the prescribed UGC NET application fee.
- Candidates need to pay the fees through online mode only.
- Choose one of the online payment methods and pay the application fee by entering all the required details.
- After the successful fee payment, take the print out of the application form for future reference.
Note that the application form will be considered for further processing only after the successful payment of the fees. Also, preserve the hard copy of the filled application form without fail.
UGC NET Online Application Fee
The UGC NET application fee for different categories are listed below:
|Category||Application Fee (Rs.)|
|OBC – NCL/ Gen – EWS||500/-|
Note that the UGC NET application form fee is non-refundable.
Now you have all the necessary information regarding UGC NET Online Application 2020. This information will help you to fill up your UGC NET online application without any difficulty. Just make sure that prior to filling the UGC NET application form you are ready with the scanned copies, active mobile number, email ID, and other essential details.
All the Best !
Looking for such opportunities, Join Opportunity Cell WhatsApp Group’s here.