About the Organization
CARE is a not-for-profit organisation working in India for over 70 years, focusing on alleviating poverty and social injustice. We do this through well-planned and comprehensive projects in health, education, livelihoods and disaster preparedness and response. Our overall goal is the empowerment of women and girls from poor and marginalised communities leading to improvement in their lives and livelihoods.
During FY 2020-21, CARE India directly reached out to 52.7 million people through 53 programmes across 18 states, covering more than 130+ districts. We are part of the CARE International Confederation, working in 100 countries for a world where people live with dignity and security.
About the Opportunity
- PROJECT/UNIT: Innovators Laboratories, Mumbai
- PROJECT DURATION: Till March 2024
- REPORTS TO: Technical Coordinator
- LOCATION: Mumbai
- TRAVEL: Willingness to spend 60-70% of time in project sites for official purposes
- Required Experience: 2 – 11 Years
- Minimum Qualification:M.ED – MASTER OF EDUCATIONB. TECH./B.E./B. SC. (ENGINEERING) – COMPUTER/IT
About the Program
CARE India is implementing Mobile STEM van Lab project in selected blocks of Jharkhand with an aim to develop STEM skills in students (11 to 14 years of age) of higher primary government schools, with a specific focus on at-risk girls. The project intends to use experiential learning pedagogies for building science and mathematics conceptual knowhow and STEM skills in higher primary school children. There STEM project rolled out in Banglore and Chennai.
Similar project will begin in Mumbai Malad Malwani Slums, As a part of this project, 7 STEM Labs will be designed and operated to reach more than 300 adolescent girls of Mumbai slums. STEM labs will be equipped with, books, digital devices, lab equipment, posters, etc.
Each Lab set up and activities will be lead by Community Educator. Educators will be provided professional development support to use these resources through monthly meetings. The emphasis of professional development workshops will be on use of hands-on STEM learning strategies. Unlike the traditional approach of conceptual mastery alone, this model of education promotes excitement towards STEM subjects and mastery of scientific skills through activity-based learning. Various events will be organized of the girls to showcase their learning they have gain through STEM project.
About the Job Role
STEM Coordinator will be responsible for designing technical content/session plans as per the curriculum framework provided. STEM Coordinator will be responsible to provide onsite technical support at community -based Innovators’ lab. STEM Coordinator further oversees actual implementation of curriculum at the centre and identify any challenge in timely manner. The position will further act as capacity building officer in consultation with technical team and will build capacities of community educators for effective and quality implementation of curriculum. She/He will also support assessment of children’s progression on curriculum and documentation of change story. Person will have working relationship with education team for various technical content and capacity building program. Person will work for rapport building with different stakeholders, teachers, and education officials.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Development of Technical Curriculum Content for Project
- Develop appropriate content, tools, methods as per technical curriculum to develop thinking skills among children as advised by education team,
- Design training modules, session plan to conduct specific workshops at innovator’s lab as provided by education team
- Identify specific needs of educators and children and design the content with the support of technical team
- Develop plans/activity to involve children for the best usage of reference material/equipment provided in lab
- Regular Capacity building of Field team
- Identify the capacity building needs of field team and keep a tracker of their progress
- Design detailed training program to conduct training of educators in consultation with education team
- Organize training program (virtual n face to face) on specific curriculum themes in consultation with education team
- Build understanding of project team on gender and diversity issues
- Provide necessary reading materials to field team to build their perspective
- Conceptualize, promote, and support cross-learning across projects through regular information exchange and exposure visits
- Conduct Specific Workshops at Innovators’ Lab
- Organize specific workshop as per the curriculum provided by education team
- Advise community educators in conducting daily mentoring session with children
- Facilitate mentoring of children to engage with digital components of curriculum
- Support community educators in maintaining progress of children on various thematic
- Provide need-based demonstrations in Science and Mathematics
- Facilitate sessions on Coding work with children
- Documentation and Children’s Assessment
- Document case lets and case studies based on children progress/project learning and experiences
- Support in children’s assessment at the centre/lab as part of baseline and endline studies and summative assessment
- Lead process- and photo-documentation of project activities and make this resource available to the
- Technical Coordinator and CIHQ for reporting, communication, and dissemination
- Keep the Technical Coordinator and technical team updated on project technical progress vis-à-vis plan
- Perform any other task assigned by the line manager as per organizational requirement
- Contribute to ensure visibility of project efforts and achievements on various internal (e.g., CARE’s website, blogs, Annual Report, Yammer) and external platforms / for a (publications, workshops/seminars, journals)
- Emergency Response & Disaster Preparedness
- Required to provide support and undertake specified emergency assignments identified as part of the
- CARE India’s Roster for Emergency Deployment during the time of disasters/emergencies.
- Undertake the specified role and responsibilities identified as a part of the CARE India Emergency Roster.
- Be familiar with CARE emergency protocols and respective roles as per the functional area under which member has been nominated.
(The above list is not exhaustive, and the management reserves the right to review it as and when the role evolves based on the need of the business and individual’s skills and capabilities)
- Master’s degree in Education / Engineering/Science or related field.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a trainer or content developer in STEM education
- Experienced facilitator on any of the theme-computational thinking/digital skills/ Concept building &Problem solving
|For Official Notification and Application
|Join our Telegram Channel
|Follow us on Instagram
|Join our WhatsApp Groups