Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI / Board) invites applications from eligible candidates who are desirous of engagement with the Board under its SEBI Young Professional Program.
Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) is an autonomous, statutory organization established in accordance with the provisions of the SEBI Act, 1992 of the Parliament of India.
About SEBI Young Professional Program (YPP) 2022
SEBI Young Professional Program (YPP) is intended to provide an exceptional opportunity to qualified and motivated young professionals to learn the nuances of Indian capital markets and the functioning of a regulatory organization by working on different projects on the Board.
The program offers opportunities to candidates of various educational backgrounds to assist the Board in different domains – Securities Market Operations (SMO), Law, Information Technology (IT), and Research.
No. of Positions
The number of Young Professionals (YPs) proposed to be engaged by the Board are as follows:
- Young Professional (Securities Market Operations): 16
- Young Professional (Law): 10
- Young Professional (Research): 6
- Young Professional (Information Technology): 6
Join our WhatsApp and Telegram groups to stay updated with all opportunities!
Educational Qualification & Work Experience (Domain wise)
Young Professional (Securities Market Operations)
- Post Graduate qualification (degree / 2-year diploma) in Management (with specialization in Finance) from a recognized and reputed university/ institution, with minimum 60% aggregate marks or equivalent CGPA; OR
- Chartered Accountant (CA) / Company Secretary (CS) / Cost Management Accountant (CMA), with minimum 55% aggregate marks in the final level of course; OR
- Successfully completed all 3 (three) levels of Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) course from CFA Institute (USA).
Experience: At least 1 (one) year of work experience in the financial sector after completion of Post Graduate qualification or CA/CS/CMA/CFA.
Young Professional (Research)
- Post Graduate qualification (degree / 2-year diploma) in Management (with specialization in Finance) / Economics / Commerce / Financial Economics / Business Economics / Applied Statistics / Econometrics from a recognized and reputed university/ institution, with minimum 60% aggregate marks or equivalent CGPA.
- Preference shall be given to candidates who have completed their PhD in relevant fields like Economics / Econometrics / Finance / Commerce preferably with focus on financial markets.
- Skills: Knowledge of statistical software
- For Candidates with only Post Graduate qualification at least 1 (one) year of research/work experience in areas including but not limited to financial markets, corporate finance, macroeconomic theory, corporate governance, financial institutions and related areas of international finance. This may be supported by published work/working papers/ submission of papers in international or domestic research conferences.
- For candidates with PhD qualification, the requisite work experience is not mandatory.
Young Professional (Information Technology)
Education: Anyone of the following degrees from a recognized and reputed university/ institution with minimum 60% aggregate marks or equivalent CGPA:
- B.E. / B. Tech in Electronics / Electronics and Communication / Information Technology / Computer Science; OR
- MCA / MSc (IT) / MSc. (Computer Science) / MBA (Systems) / MBA (Analytics) / M. Tech (Computer Science/ IT/ Relevant Stream) / MS (Computer Science/IT/Relevant Stream) or equivalent degree.
Experience: At least 1 (one) year of work experience in the field of software development (programming) or cyber security.
Young Professional (Law)
Education: Bachelors’ Degree in Law from a recognized and reputed university/ institution, with minimum 60% aggregate marks or equivalent CGPA.
- At least 1 (one) year of work experience in corporate / securities laws after completion of the Bachelors’ Degree in Law/ LLM.
- Preference shall be given to candidates with work experience in a financial or investment environment requiring knowledge of market practices and rules, regulations and guidelines governing the securities industry.
Duration of Engagement
- The duration of engagement of YPs shall be 1 (one) year, which may be further extended by the Competent Authority by 2 stretches of 1 (one) year each, depending on the performance of YPs and organizational requirements.
- The total duration of engagement of a YP shall not exceed 3 (three) years.
Place of Posting
The YPs shall be posted at the Head Office of the Board in Mumbai.
Age & Nationality
The candidate must be an Indian citizen of age, not more than 30 years as of the date of publication of advertisement.
- YPs shall be paid a monthly stipend of INR 60,000 (all-inclusive). Income tax or any other tax liable to be deducted as per the applicable rules will be deducted at the source before effecting the payment.
- The Board shall not be liable for taxes or any other contribution payable by the YP on payments made to him/her under this engagement.
How to Apply?
- Interested applicants can apply for the SEBI Young Professional Program through this link.
- Application Deadline: Jan 21, 2022
Email: [email protected]