Applications are invited for Road Safety Hackathon 2021 by Govt of India. The last date of application is 30 November.
As road safety continues to be a pressing concern of public safety, particularly in developing countries, there is a dire need for fresh inventions and an upward trajectory in technology to reform the road and transportation arena. Mindful of the same, the Indian Road Safety Campaign, in collaboration with the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways, presents the Safer India Hackathon, extending a warm invitation to all those who are enthusiastic in presenting unique innovations that can potentially transform the landscape of road safety in India.
Banking on cutting edge ideas, fertile minds and skillful hands of young innovators, the Hackathon aims to foster solution-based models to problem statements that could help tackle contemporary challenges for road safety including the frequency and effect of road accidents and quality of emergency care, by empowering the students with technical expertise and support throughout.
The Hackathon will be held in two stages:
- Zonal (Online)
- National- Finale (Offline)
To encourage participation from all states and focus on regional issues, the event has been divided into five zones:
- South Zone- Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Orissa
- North Zone- Jammu and Kashmir, Ladakh, Himachal Pradesh, Haryana, Punjab, Uttarakhand
- East Zone- Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Manipur, Tripura, Nagaland, Meghalaya
- West Zone- Goa, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Maharashtra
- Central Zone- West Bengal, Bihar, Uttar Pradesh, Sikkim, Chhattisgarh
- Online Hackathons will be conducted in each zone i.e., 5 online Zonal Hackathons in total.
Following the completion of all phases for each Hackathon, each zone will be left with up to five teams that will compete in the National Finale (We are working hard to organize it offline but final decision shall be taken considering the Covid situation of that time).
- Indian nationals only.
- Students studying at any Indian university/ Institute.
- Teams must consist of a minimum 2 and maximum 3 participants.
- Teams with members from different institutes are permitted, as long as the colleges are from the same zone.
- Removal/ voluntary withdrawal of members from any team is not encouraged. No modification will be entertained at any point after original submission.
The Zonal Hackathons will be conducted in 3 phases:
Phase 1: Concept Note
In this phase, teams will be required to submit a concept note, based on the problem statement given, on the provided portal. After expert evaluation of the concept notes, maximum of 25 teams will be selected and will move on to Phase 2 of the Zonal Online Hackathon
Phase 2: Execution Plan
In this phase, selected teams will be required to submit an execution plan of their concept note on the provided portal. After expert evaluation of the execution plan, maximum of 10 teams will be selected and will move on to Phase 3 of the Zonal Online Hackathon
Phase 3: Prototype Presentation
In the third and final phase, selected teams will be required to present their prototype and presentation to a jury in an online room. The jury will hence select a maximum of 5 teams that will represent their zone and compete at the National Finale.
Here, the 25 teams from 5 zones will work on their prototypes with the mentorship of experts and present their work to the Jury.
|Phase 1- Registration opens|
The opening of Phase 1 registrations will be announced by the Indian Road Safety Campaign on MyGov.
|9th November 2021|
|Application Deadline||30 November 2021|
|Phase 1- Announcement of Results|
25 teams will be selected here.
|5 December 2021|
|Phase 2- Submission deadline||15 December 2021|
|Phase 2- Announcement of Results|
10 teams will be selected here
|20 December 2021|
|Phase 3- Final Presentation|
5 selected teams will win the Zonal Hackathon and will compete in the National Finale
|4 January 2022|
|National Finale||Fourth Week of January 2022|
- Teams must register on time for the event and adhere to deadlines for submission of the tasks at hand.
- Incomplete submission will be disqualified.
- Submissions can be submitted in either Hindi or English.
- All entries obtained through unauthorized sources or which are incomplete, illegible, mutilated, altered, reproduced, forged, irregular, or fraudulent in any way or otherwise not in compliance with the rules would automatically be deemed void.
- Applicants should avoid uploading any proprietary information on the platform as the
- submitted entries shall be shared with evaluators & mentors for the purpose of evaluation & mentoring.
- The participants are required to verify that the submission is original, and not plagiarized/copied from any individual or firm.
- The participants should ensure that the submission contains no violation of any existing copyright or another third party right including but not limited to copyrights, patents, trademarks, service marks, trade secrets or other proprietary rights or any material of an obscene, indecent, libelous or otherwise unlawful nature and does not infringe the rights of others.
The submission will be evaluated by experts on different parameters, including but not limited to the market need, novelty of the idea/innovation, stage of development, scalability, potential impact, technical & financial feasibility, commercialization capacity, the team, and the overall business plan.
|1st place –||Rs 50,000/-|
|2nd place –||Rs 30,000/-|
|3rd place –||Rs 20,000/-|
|Consolation prize –||Rs 10,000 for up to 5 teams|