About the Organization
The United Nations Development Programme is a United Nations agency tasked with helping countries eliminate poverty and achieve sustainable economic growth and human development. The UNDP emphasizes developing local capacity towards long-term self-sufficiency and prosperity.
Job Purpose and Scope of Work
UNDP Uttarakhand seeks to engage a Research Assistant to assist the experts at Agriculture Department and work closely with relevant government departments, technical agencies, UN agencies, civil society organizations and academic institutions to provide the requisite impetus to the state government’s initiative in rolling out the green economic growth.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- He/she will work under the overall supervision and guidance of the State Head – Uttarakhand, SDG Acceleration Team, UNDP and will perform the following functions:
- Assist in Preparing a policy document related to agriculture policy in Uttarakhand.
- Conduct secondary research related to agriculture schemes, production, and doubling farmers’ income in Uttarakhand.
- Assist in Preparing strategic documents to implement the suggestion provided in the DFI report prepared by UNDP.
- Assist the Secretary of Agriculture in management-related works.
- Coordinate with stakeholders and assist in organizing meetings, workshops, and capacity development workshops.
- Collection of background information on various initiatives, and priority thematic areas of the government related to Green Economy integration and acceleration.
- Analyze background information and interpret it into articles, draft policy briefs, etc.
- Compile success stories and learnings from the state.
- Desk-based research on the progress of the state initiatives.
- Analysis of the data related to various departments and their interpretation.
- Assist in updating the Secretary on global initiatives.
- Assist in Training Plans and Packages to fast-track the achievement of Sustainable Development Goals.
- Compilation of various internal and external reports for the Agriculture Department.
- Assist in implementing digital media and communication strategies for Agriculture Department.
- Assist in the facilitation of awareness and capacity development workshops.
Required Skills and Experience
- Min. Education requirements:Secondary education is required.
- University degree in agriculture/Horticulture/Rural Development/ Agribusiness or any related subject will be given due consideration but not a requirement.
- Min. years of relevant work experience:
- Minimum two years of experience with a bachelor’s/university degree would be given due consideration.
- At least five years of experience in agriculture/development/social sector with high school/secondary education.
How to Apply
|For Official Notification & To Apply
|Join our Telegram Channel
|Follow us on Instagram
|Join our WhatsApp Groups