Gujarat National Law University is inviting applications from eligible candidates for the post of Research Assistant – Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) IPR Chair.
The Gujarat National Law University is a public law school and a National Law University established under the Gujarat National Law University Act, 2003 in the state of Gujarat.
About the Position
- Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the post of Research Assistant.
- INR 40,000-50,000/- (Fixed pay)
Mode of Interview
- Online – Cisco Webex Meeting
Roles and Responsibilities
Under the guidance of IPR Chair Professor DPIIT and Head, Research & Publication Division, Gujarat National Law University (GNLU) the incumbent shall perform the following roles and responsibilities:
- Conduct Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) research in relevant areas of law under the guidance of IPR Chair Professor DPIIT;
- Provide research assistance to IPR Chair Professor DPIIT whenever required;
- Develop, plan, execute, monitor and report Intellectual Property Rights research in collaboration with external Universities, Institutions, Government departments, Industrial and Economic agencies, and Judiciary within India and abroad;
- Provide Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) research counseling and scholastic assistance to IPR Chair Professor DPIIT;
- Participate in overall planning and development of research, training and extension programs of DPIIT IPR Chair activities in the University;
- Perform any other duties including administrative, coordination, etc. as required to achieve the aims and objectives of the DPIIT IPR Chair under the guidance of Chair Professor;
- Engage in diverse research activities including fieldwork, data collection, data analysis, report drafting, etc.
- Perform any other duties including administrative, coordination, etc. as required to achieve the aims and objectives of the University.
- LL.M. in IPR Specialization with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade on a point scale wherever grading system is followed) OR Ph. D in Law preferably in IPR Specialization from an Indian University OR an equivalent degree from an accredited Foreign University.
- Good knowledge of the latest national and international research trends and developments in IPR;
- Ability to conceptualize and organize international training workshops on brainstorming online/ on-site discussions apart from Teaching/ Research;
- Fluency in the English language.
- Experience in teaching/research in premier law Universities/institutes in the area of Sports Law;
- Cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC or the CSIR, or a similar test accredited by the UGC, like SLET/ SET or who are or awarded a Ph. D Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission;
- Ability to innovate and improve academic programmes or services and to pursue interesting new ideas and new methods;
- Excellent interpersonal and team-building skills.
How to Apply?
- CLICK HERE, for Official Notification.
- Submit the duly filled application form. CLICK HERE, to download the form.
- Submit the application form through mail to [email protected], mentioning the subject line as “Application for the Post of Research Assistant – DPIIT IPR Chair”.
- Upon receipt of the email, detailed information related to the online interviews will be provided to the shortlisted candidates.
- Application Deadline: August 24, 2022
- In case of any queries, please contact hr[at]gnlu.ac.in