Applications are invited for RBI Summer Internship. The last date of application submission is 31 December 2021.
About RBI Summer Internship
The summer placements afford an opportunity to domestic and foreign students to expose themselves to an actual central banking environment and undertake projects on the issues relevant to the Central Bank with the guidance from experts and professionals in the Central Bank.
- Students pursuing a) post-graduate courses b) Integrated five year courses in Management / Statistics / Law / Commerce / Economics / Econometrics / Banking / Finance or three year full time professional Bachelor’s degree in Law from reputed Institutions / Colleges located in India can apply for summer placement during their penultimate year / semester.
Role of Institutions
- Reputed Institutes/Colleges located in India offering Masters in Business Management (MBA/MMS) / Economics / Econometrics / Finance / Banking / Statistics / Commerce / or full time professional Bachelor’s degree in Law may forward the applications of eligible/interested students to the respective “Control Offices of Reserve Bank of India” as given below with the recommendations in the prescribed form.
- Normally the period of placement will be for a maximum of three months during the period from April to July. The period may be reduced/extended at the discretion of the Bank.
- Eligible students should apply for summer placement through the online web-based application form through their respective institutes to the “Control Offices of Reserve Bank of India”, from 15th October to 31st December of the previous year for internship starting from April of next year.
- The Bank will select a maximum of 125 students for summer placement every year. In the month of November / December each year, the interview for the short listed candidates will be held at the offices indicated above.
- The short listed outstation candidates will be required to bear the travel costs of journey to the office of RBI and back for this purpose. Names of selected students will be communicated to the institutes in the month of December / January.
- Selected outstation candidates will be reimbursed AC II Tier/1st Class return fare by rail from the place of his/her institute to the place of summer placement for undertaking the project.
- Summer trainees are eligible to receive a monthly stipend of ₹ 20,000/- per month. Outstation trainees will be required to make accommodation arrangements on their own.
- Students pursuing higher studies in economics, finance, banking, management, law (five year programme) and related fields in universities / institutes abroad are eligible to apply.
- Eligible students should fill the application in prescribed form and mail it to the address given below.
The Chief General Manager
Reserve Bank of India
Human Resource Management Department (Training & Development Division),
Central Office, 21st Floor, Central Office Building,
Shahid Bhagat Singh Road,
Mumbai – 400 001
- An advance copy of the application can be e-mailed.
- Applications should be forwarded to the above address between 1st November and 31st December, of the previous year for internship starting from July of next year. Applications received after this date will not be considered.