The United Nations Development Programme is a United Nations agency tasked with helping countries eliminate poverty and achieve sustainable economic growth and human development. The UNDP emphasizes developing local capacity towards long-term self-sufficiency and prosperity.
Duties and Responsibilities
UNDP proposes to engage a Programme Associate to work under the supervision of the Regional Head of Southern Region, S/he will be based in Bangalore with frequent travel across the project locations. The incumbent will be responsible for following tasks:
Coordination between different stakeholders and their representatives, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Building relationships with state governments, UN Agencies, donor agencies and civil society organizations on issues related to UNDP’s work and mandate.
- Ensures compliance of rules and procedures of Government and UNDP
- Designs and develops new proposals and new partnerships at the States/Regional level.
- Ensures communication and coordination of meetings with the line departments in a timely manner
- Prepares agenda items and minutes of the meeting in consultation with the respective Chair and Regional Head.
- High school certificate or Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Commerce, Science, Management or any other related field.
- Any other professional qualification related to project management, public procurement, etc. will have added advantage.
- A minimum of 7 years with high school certificate or 4 years’ with Bachelor’s degree of relevant experience in administration and proposal development and project implementation.
- Leadership and Interpersonal skills, along with knowledge of risk management and negotiation skills.
- Effective Communication skills with an understanding of problem-solving techniques, critical thinking.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.). Experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Demonstrated experience in administration, financial support, procurement process, event management and report preparation
- Relevant experience working with State/Central Government or UN agencies, and multi-lateral organisations.
- Prior knowledge to develop tools for monitoring, evaluation and reporting progress on SDG/related indicators
- High-level of IT/computing skills (minimum: Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong policy analytical skills that can be applied to the development and application of methods and tools for SDGs.
- Knowledge of and experience in gender mainstreaming is an asset
- Willingness to travel when required
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English is essential. Knowledge of local language is mandatory.
- Starting at INR 12,38,808 (Annual) / INR 1,03,234 (Monthly) as per the scale depending on qualifications and experience.
- The remuneration is excluding 8.33% pension amount paid over and above the salary.
How to Apply
|For Official Notification & To Apply
|Join our Telegram Channel
|Follow us on Instagram
|Join our WhatsApp Groups