United Nations World Food Programme is inviting applications for the Programme Policy Officer.
About the Organization
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
In coordination with WFP Country Office and under the supervision of Joint Secretary (DFPD) or as decided by him, the Programme Policy Officer will support strategic analysis and advisory services to the Department of Food and Public Distribution in the areas of advanced data analytics & operations research to achieve the performance targets under ‘One Nation One Ration Card’ (ONORC) Plan & further improve overall TPDS data quality. The Programme Policy Officer will also be responsible for documenting best practices and providing customized solutions/ capacity strengthening support to State Governments to further PDS reforms.
Roles and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Director/Joint Secretary, Public Distribution, Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution, Government of India and under the technical supervision by Head of the Supply Chain & PDS Unit, WFP New Delhi the Programme Policy Officer (TPDS) will be responsible to perform the following duties:
- 1. Provide strategic support to improve ‘One Nation One Ration Card’ plan implementation & improve IMPDS data quality.
- 2. Provide strategic support to identify & disseminate best practice solutions for furthering reforms in TPDS by improving transparency, grievance redressal & accountability
- 3. Provide technical advisory to design, develop & enhance quality of MIS/ Dashboards for effective monitoring progress in TPDS reforms.
- 4. Prepare and compile relevant data and create detailed technical specifications for all components of the solution/implementation from various stakeholders and share with relevant WFP Country Office Programme Officers for analysis and representation.
- Advanced University degree or First University Degree with additional years of related work experience, from an institute of repute in any of the following disciplines: Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Applications, Mathematics, Statistics, Mathematical Statistics, Business Administration.
- Specialization in Operations Research, Business Analytics, or Data Science
- Minimum three years or more of progressively responsible professional experience working in large scale technology/e-governance solutions with government or a development agency, in the area of Operations Research, Advanced Data Analytics, MIS design & development etc. for best practice documentation, capacity strengthening & data driven decision making.
- Experience in working independently with minimum supervision, often in fluid and ambiguous situations will be required.
- Fluent oral and written communication skills in English. Working knowledge of Hindi is preferred.
Mode of Engagement
- The salary for this position is INR. 14,69,279/- per annum (depending upon the last drawn remuneration of the candidate), plus medical benefits as per WFP’s plan.
- All tax liability for payments from this contract are to be borne by the subscriber.
- Qualified candidates will be retained on roster for at least two years and may be considered for future similar vacant posts.
How to Apply
Join our WhatsApp and Telegram groups to stay updated with all opportunities!