CREA (Centre for Research on Energy and Clean Air) is looking for a Programme Officer for Air Pollution Work in India. This is an exciting opportunity to work within a flexible environment and support both public health and climate change causes.
We are an independent research organisation focused on revealing the trends, causes, and health impacts, as well as the solutions to air pollution. CREA use scientific data, research and evidence to support the efforts of governments, companies and campaigning organizations worldwide in their efforts to move towards clean energy and clean air. We believe that effective research and communication are the key to successful policies, investment decisions and advocacy efforts.
CREA is a fully remote organization, with current team members in Europe and Asia.
About the Opportunity
You will be working with a diverse set of stakeholders in their efforts towards reducing the air pollution levels, air pollutant emissions and associated health impacts through policy analysis, data tracking and research support along with strategic inputs to the overall programme of the organisation in India as well as to other groups working on air pollution issues in India. Your mission will entail:
- Tracking Air Pollution and associated policies and programmes in India at national, regional, state and city levels and convert the data and ongoing developments in form of strategic directions, briefs and reports to help catalyze action for clean air.
- Keep track of developments and updates on energy and air pollution-related issues in India and help the team with suggestions to formulate a work plan and strategy for moving towards clean air and faster energy transition towards sustainable energy sources.
- Be responsible for building and driving strategic work towards reducing air pollution levels for progress tracking, strengthening and efficient implementation to help reduce air pollution levels and fossil fuel consumption across the country.
- Identifying and reaching out to potential partners while understanding research requirements from different partners organisations and coordinating internally with CREA research/data teams for the delivery
- Managing projects and outputs related to the Air Pollution for CREA when necessary
- Organising online/offline events to enhance research skills and collaboration among partner organisations.
You will be reporting directly to our South Asia Analyst.
We are looking for candidates who have:
- Excellent networking skills with the ability and desire to work with diverse partner organisations
- Strong data analysis skills
- Minimum 3-4 years of experience in Air Pollution or Energy sector with minimum experience of a year in leading a programme or research output.
What we can offer you
- One-year contract with the possibility of extension based on performance and mutual agreement
- A remote & time-flexible working environment
- Remuneration based on skills & experience, and competitive with standard pay
- A meaningful and potentially very impactful mission
- Membership to a co-working space
How to Apply
Join our WhatsApp and Telegram groups to stay updated with all opportunities!