About the Organization
Orbis is a leading global non-governmental organization that transforms lives through the prevention and treatment of blindness. With our network of partners we mentor, train and inspire local teams to fight blindness in their local communities.
The Program Manager is responsible for the effective management of projects in alignment with established timelines, budgets, and project implementation plans. This role involves reporting project progress to management, ensuring adherence to objectives, and overseeing the supervision and implementation of projects while fostering collaboration with implementing partners.
- Independently handle projects under the general supervision of Senior Program Manager.
- Monitor project performance and provide need-based support. Lead review meetings with partner organizations to improve project implementation.
- Provide support to partners for implementing projects and achieving deliverables on time with appropriate utilization of budget.
- Analyze program and financial reports on a periodic basis (monthly/quarterly/ annually), share findings with the partners and support them in taking corrective actions, if necessary.
- Prepare annual implementation plans and budgets, and conduct Hospital based Trainings as per project plan.
- Provide continuous support to the Senior Program Manager in identifying new partners, developing new project proposals, and facilitating Flying Eye Hospital visits.
- Conduct periodic field visits to monitor and report project progress and support in improvement.
- Ensure compliance with statutory requirements by partners.
- Submit trip reports on time and follow up with partners for incorporating feedback.
- Establish and effectively manage relationships with partner organizations.
- Work with training institutions for facilitating trainings for Ophthalmologist and other allied eye health personnel.
- Coordinate with internal teams – Finance & operations, communications, program technology, monitoring and evaluation and program development departments.
- Prepare reports and case studies for donors, and co-ordinate submission of reports to various Orbis offices.
- Perform other Project/Partner related activities including accompanying visitors/delegations to various Orbis projects.
- Represent Orbis at various events and conferences along with other team members.
- Ensure timely completion/submission of quality work outputs.
- Follow and adhere to the policies and norms of the organization in vogue or as amended from time to time.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Country Director/ Director-Programs/ Senior Program Manager.
Education Qualification/Required Skills & Experience
- Postgraduate degree in social sciences or public health or equivalent educational qualifications.
- At least 4 years of work experience in Program Management preferably in the context of the development/social sector.
- Knowledge and experience in capacity building for local stakeholders/partners.
- Experience in networking with multiple stakeholders.
Skills & Abilities
- Networking skills and stakeholder engagement.
- High level advocacy and communications skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with flexibility in conflicting properties and willingness to work under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members in a cross-cultural environment.
- Facilitation and training skills
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office computer programs
- Good analytical skill
- Creativity and innovation