About the Organization
The Air Pollution Action Group (A-PAG) was founded in 2019 by renowned individuals, Ashish Dhawan, Vijay Chadda, and Mohit Beotra. A-PAG has rapidly gained recognition within the broader ecosystem for its dedicated efforts in combatting air pollution. In this article, we delve into the objectives and achievements of A-PAG, highlighting their commitment to addressing the pressing issue of air pollution.
About the Role
A-PAG’s ongoing project in Delhi aims to combat air pollution by tackling underlying issues that contribute to poor air quality. Building upon the successful pilot work with the Municipal Corporation Delhi, the project is expanding to include the cities of Ghaziabad, Noida, Gurugram, and Faridabad. As a member of the city Project Management Unit (PMU), your role will be crucial in ensuring the effective execution of the dispersed source program. Additionally, this opportunity allows you to devise and test new interventions that can be scaled to address other sources of air pollution in the region.
The critical functions to manage your area successfully will include the following:
- Program Strategy and Implementation: Working with ULBs in your district, you would need to ensure all processes are put into place and all planned actions are carried out in a time-bound manner.
- Stakeholder Management: You will be expected to build relationships with officials ranging from the operational levels of these organizations (Ex. Junior Engineers, Sanitary Inspectors) to the leadership (Ex. District Magistrate, Municipal Commissioners) and drive these engagements to ensure success. You will also support the ULBs in coordinating with each other. This is a key deliverable for ensuring the program’s success.
- Monitoring and Review: Putting in place a robust monitoring and review process will be a key priority. You will be responsible to ensure structured reviews are held in your area in order to make progress toward resolving the issues identified on the ground.
- Vendor Management: The project is supported by third parties at multiple levels. You will be responsible to guide and oversee the functioning of these third-party vendors. These include survey agencies, IT vendors, etc.
- Process Improvement: While engaging with officials across multiple organizations you would be in a key position with visibility to understand problem areas and develop insights and solutions for them.
- Bachelor’s degree from a tier-1 institute with a strong track record of outstanding academic performance
- 2-4 years of work experience in a role with a client-facing component, project- based assignments, and substantial analytical requirements.
- Have displayed instances of quick thinking and entrepreneurial nature in previous projects/ work assignment.
- Analytical bent of mind is key – you will need to think through problems and help the team arrive at an accurate assessment of the key issues to be addressed.
- Entrepreneurial nature – success in this role depends heavily on your ability to make things happen on the ground.
- Ability to work alongside senior Government officials, while being able to convince them to accept our recommendations.
- Program management skills are needed to ensure programs are delivered against agreed timelines with requisite quality.
- Ability to learn quickly – air pollution is a relatively nascent space and new knowledge is constantly emerging which we need to understand & utilize to our benefit.
- Will be commensurate with the best among social sector norms
How to Apply
|For Official Notification
|Join our Telegram Channel
|Follow us on Instagram
|Join our WhatsApp Groups
|Apply by 22 June