Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme (PMSS) 2021 for Railway Protection Force (RPF).
About Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme (PMSS) 2021 for RPF
Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme (PMSS) was announced by the then Hon’ble Prime Minister of India in his address to the nation form the historical Red Ford on 15th August, 2005.
Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme was introduced from the Academic year 2008-09 for RPF. It was introduced to encourage higher technical and professional education for the dependent wards of Ex/Serving RPF/RPSF personnel and widows (below the Rank of Gazetted officer).
A total number of 150 students (from academic session 2015-16) have been earmarked to RPF for an academic session. Half of the scholarships are reserved for female candidates i.e. 75.
A shortfall in fresh cases shall not be adjusted from girls/boys if applicants (boys/girls) are available less than 75. It is also mentioned that un-allocated quota in any gender may not be utilized for other categories (boys/girls).
Courses Eligible for the PMSS
- Professional Degree Courses like BE, B.Tech, BDS, MBBS, BEd, BBS, BCA, MCA B. Pharma, etc. duly recognized by the respective Government Regulatory Bodies, such as All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), Medical Council of India(MCI), University Grants Commission (UGC), National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) etc. (Master Degree Courses are not eligible for PMSS except MBA, MCA).
- Students studying abroad are not eligible for this scheme.
- No distance learning course is permitted under this scheme. PMSS can be availed for one course only.
Students Eligible for the Scholarships
- Students who have taken regular admission in 2017-18 are only eligible for PMSS 2017- 18. Students should have secured 60% and above in Minimum Educational Qualification (MEQ) i.e. 12th Std., Diploma/Graduation.
- The scholarship is admissible for only two wards per family and should be ensured by the beneficiaries as well as by the concerned zonal railways/RPSF.
Amount of the Scholarship
- Rs. 2000/- per month for male students
- Rs. 2250/- per month for female students
The payment of the scholarship will be granted after approval of the DG/RPF as per order of merit in each year.
Duration of PMSS
- One to five years as per the duration of course.
How to Apply?
- Interested applicants can apply for the Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme (PMSS) 2021 for Railway Protection Force through this link.
- Application Deadline:November 30, 2021
- Click here to view the official notification for the Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme (PMSS) 2021 for Railway Protection Force.
- For any query or help, Wards of deceased/retired/service personnel (applicant) may contact to Mr. Prakash Chand Bairwa, Section Officer/Sec(Spl), Security Dte./Railway Board, Rail Bhawan, New Delhi on Telephone number 011-23303283, 23303484 & 030-43283 (Rly) or email to [email protected]