Nominations are invited for Pandit Deendayal Upadhyaya Telecom Skill Excellence Award 2022 by Govt of India. The last date of application is 16 June.
The Ministry of Communications has instituted Pandit Deendayal Upadhyaya Telecom Skill Excellence Awards, Government of India to encourage and stimulate/ inspire the Telecom Skill ecosystem by rewarding the successful telecom skilled people and institutions of India annually for their exemplary and outstanding contributions in the areas of Telecom Skilling, Telecom Services, Telecom Manufacturing, Telecom Applications in deploying telecom dependent sectoral solutions for different fields such as agriculture, commerce, health, education etc.
- All Indian citizens, as well as institutions registered in India or created by the Central/ State governments/ Union Territories, are eligible for the award.
- The awards shall be given on the basis of contributions made and work done in India during last three years.
- There is no age limit. Age shall not be a limiting factor for excellent work/achievement.
- Applicants who have been selected for the Award during the last three years are not eligible to apply for these awards.
- Individuals who are/were employed in an organization promoted and financed by the Central Government or State Government or in the respective governments and work/contribution submitted for consideration of award is their primary job/ duty/ responsibility, are ineligible for the awards unless such contribution has been after retirement etc. from such an organization/ government.
Who can nominate?
- 1. Any Indian National or Institution based in India can nominate themselves for consideration for this Award. In case of Individual nominee, if work done in professional/official capacity, it is mandatory to upload specific recommendation of organization.
- 2. Nominations for considerations for this award are also invited from:
- Universities; Technical/ Educational/ Academic Institutions
- Invest India under Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade, Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
- Heads of recognized Telecom Industry Associations/ Societies.
- 3. The recommendations for the award may also be invited from the State Governments/Union Territory Administrations and Ministries/Departments of the Government of India who shall send their recommendations online.
- 4. The original copy of the document may be kept ready by the nominee. These may be required to be submitted to the Department, if and when required by Department of Telecommunication.
Interested candidates can nominate via this page.
- The Award shall carry a citation and a cash amount of rupees two lakh per awardee.
- Not more than five Awards shall be given in a year, subject to a suitable candidate being selected by the Award Committee for that year.
- The awardees will be reimbursed towards travelling to/ from his place to the station where the Award Function is held, with airfare limited to the economy class air fare of Air India or any other carrier – if Air India flights are not available to the place – by shortest route on production of bills and ticket.
- The awardees will also be paid Rs 7,500/- towards boarding, lodging and other incidental expenses.
- The Award is not a title and cannot be used as suffix or prefix in any manner whatsoever. In the case of any misuse, the defaulter will forfeit the Award.
- The Award shall not be conferred posthumously except in very rare and highly deserving cases.
- Nomination Start Date: 10/03/2022
- Nomination End Date: 16/06/2022
Click here to view the official notification of Pandit Deendayal Upadhyaya Telecom Skill Excellence Award 2022.
Join our WhatsApp and Telegram groups to stay updated with all opportunities!