About NCGG Internship Programme
The NCGG Internship Programme is a short-term engagement (minimum 8 weeks to maximum 6 months) of ‘selected students’ with various verticals and units of the National Centre for Good Governance, Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions, Government of India.
The engagement is purely temporary to enable Indian youth by providing them exposure to a gamut of governance and public policy related issues and involving them in possible way ahead to overcome challenges in the way of citizen-centric governance. Admission to internship programme does not give any right to interns to seek regular employment with the Centre. Interns may be assigned a specific domain/ area to work on.
To advance academic research and functioning of NCGG by engaging with young talents of the country and honing their knowledge, skills and theoretical education with practical approaches. This programme intends to provide exposure to the public policy and governance related issues to students for mutual benefit.
Who can apply
prospective candidate for the internship shall have to meet following eligibility criteria:
- Internship programme is open for all Indian students studying in India or abroad.
- Internship is open to students with graduation degree and/ or are pursuing their post-graduation/ PG Diploma and advance academic degrees and are interested to intern as part of their dissertation/ capstone project in their curriculum or awaiting their degree certificate after appearing in their final examination in the same academic year.
- Students enrolled in 4 or 5–year courses in law and engineering may also apply for the Internship during their final year of graduation.
- The age of the candidate shall not exceed 30 years at the time of application.
- Applicant has to upload a letter of recommendation from their university/ institution, where he/ she is enrolled.
- Ordinarily the period of internship will not be less than 8 (eight) weeks or exceed 6 (six) months for successful completion of internship and to become eligible for experience certificate.
Domains/ areas available for Internship
- Public policy & governance
- Innovation & entrepreneurship
- Decentralized planning
- Public service delivery
- Laws & regulations
- Rural development & poverty elimination
- Water, sanitation, hygiene & public health
- Governance in healthcare
- Disaster resilience infrastructure and disaster mitigation
- Sustainable urban management and urban governance
- Infrastructure Development
- Innovation & entrepreneurship
- Water resource management & river rejuvenation
- Climate change, environment & clean energy
- Tribal affairs
- Monitoring, data analytics & evaluation
- Project planning, designing, management & monitoring
- Natural resource, environment and Forests
- Mass communication and social media
- Any other subject relevant to public policy, good governance, public service delivery, etc.
Logistics and Support
- Interns will be required to make own arrangements for their travel, boarding, lodging, etc. and should have their own laptops.
- NCGG will provide working space, internet facility and other necessities as deemed fit by the concerned supervisor.
- A consolidated stipend/honorarium @ INR 10,000 per month on pro-rata basis will be paid to each intern during their approved period of internship based on progress in the assignment.
- No other expenses shall be payable.
- A certificate regarding successful completion of internship shall be issued by the Centre on the recommendation of the evaluation committee and supervisor of the intern.
How to Apply
- Download the form given in the link below and submit your filled application form with a scanned copy of letter of approval/ recommendation from your respective institution at the official email ID: [email protected]
- For the summer internship, please send you duly completed application form latest by 25th May, 2023.
- Please clearly mention you intended date of joining as well as the duration of your availability for the internship in the form.
- Please check your eligibility for the internship programme mentioned in the guidelines before applying.
How to Apply?
|FOR OFFICIAL NOTIFICATION||CLICK HERE|
|Join our Telegram Channel (MUST JOIN)||Click Here|
|Follow us on Instagram||Click Here|
|Join our WhatsApp Groups||Click Here|
Looking for similar opportunities, join Opportunity Cell on Instagram or Telegram here.