Milliman is among the world’s largest providers of actuarial and related products and services. The firm has consulting practices in healthcare, property & casualty insurance, life insurance and financial services, and employee benefits. Founded in 1947, Milliman is an independent firm with offices in major cities around the globe.
We are confident that the experience you gain through this program will provide you with a solid foundation to start your career as well as give you many real-world examples to decide if this is the right career path for you.
Experience and preferred skills
- Superior math aptitude and quantitative ability
- Outstanding academic record
- Strong analytical, communication (written and oral), and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Powerpoint etc.) and computer programming (e.g. SAS/SQL//R/Python)
- Previous actuarial or related internship experience a plus but not required
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
This position assumes full time employment as an ‘Actuarial Intern – Non Life’. You will be engaged in:
- Data analysis using Excel, SQL Serves, and SAS
- Reserving and product pricing
- Research projects
- Learning to develop and use actuarial models including Milliman proprietary tools.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree student (or recent graduate) pursuing actuarial science, mathematics, or any other major with quantitative course work
- Minimum 3 actuarial exams from IAI or IFoA, UK