Applications are invited for the LIC Golden Jubilee Scholarship Scheme 2021 for students belonging to economically weaker families pursuing higher studies.
About LIC GJF
LIC Golden Jubilee Foundation (GJF) was established on 20.10.2006 and registered with Charity Commissioner under Bombay Public Trust Act 1950 with the objective of promoting education, health, relief of poverty or distress and advancement of other objects of general public utility.
Objectives of LIC GJF Scholarship
The objective of the scheme is to award scholarships to meritorious students belonging to Economically Weaker Sections so as to provide them with better opportunities for higher education and employment.
- The scholarship is to be awarded for studies in India in a Government or Private college/university. It will also cover technical and vocational courses in Industrial Training Institutes/ Industrial Training Centres affiliated with the National Council for Vocational Training (NCVT) and also Integrated Courses after XII Std.
- For Regular Scholar:
- All candidates who have passed Class XII exam (or its equivalent) with at least 60% marks (or equivalent grade) in the Academic Year 2020-21 and whose parents/guardian have an annual income (from all sources) not exceeding Rs. 2,00,000 per annum are eligible to apply for scholarship. The grant is provided to students who are interested (and willing) to pursue higher education in the field of Medicine, Engineering, Graduation in any discipline, Integrated Courses, Diploma Course in any field or other equivalent courses, Vocational Courses through Government recognized Colleges /Institutes or courses in Industrial Training Institutes (ITIs).
- All candidates who have passed Class X exam (or its equivalent) with at least 60% marks (or equivalent grade) in the Academic Year 2020-21 and whose parents/guardian have an annual income (from all sources) not exceeding Rs. 2,00,000 per annum. The grant is provided to students who are pursuing higher education in the field of Vocational Courses through Government recognized colleges/ institutions or courses in Industrial Training Institutes (ITI).
- For Special Girl Child Scholar:
- To encourage education to girl child, Special scholarship for Girl Child after class 10 for pursuing higher studies in Intermediate/10 + 2 pattern for two years. Candidates who have passed Class X exam (or its equivalent) with at least 60% marks (or equivalent grade) in the Academic Year 2020-21 and whose parents/guardian have an annual income (from all sources) not exceeding Rs. 2,00,000 per annum. The grant is provided to girl students who are pursuing higher education in Intermediate / 10 + 2 pattern.
- Scholarship shall be provided for the entire duration of the course for Regular Scholars and two years for Special Girl Scholar, subject to the candidate fulfilling requisite eligibility conditions for renewal.
An amount of Rs. 20,000/- per annum will be awarded to the selected Regular Scholar and shall be payable in three instalments.
An amount of Rs. 10,000/ per annum will be awarded for selected Special Girl Child pursuing studies in the 10 + 2 Course and scholarship shall be payable in three instalments.
The Scholarship amount will be transferred to Bank Account of the selected scholar through NEFT. In case the candidate is selected for scholarship, the Bank Account details and IFSC code and copy of cancelled cheque with name of beneficiary is compulsory.
In case of merged banks, the new IFSC Code of the Bank should be mentioned. The Bank Account to which the amount to be transferred has to be active and in case it is dormant, the same should be activated before the details are provided. Maximum balance allowed under the bank account should also be checked.
Conditions for Scholarship
- Scholarship shall be awarded to the students who have secured not less than 60% marks or equivalent grade in the previous final examination and the annual income of whose parents/guardians from all sources does not exceed Rs.2,00,000/- per annum.
Relaxations in upper limit of annual income criteria from the present Rs. 2 lakhs to Rs. 4 lakhs shall be granted only to (a) Children who have lost either or both parents/ sole bread earner of the family due to COVID 19 (b) In case where a woman (widow/single mother/unmarried) is the sole bread earner of the family.
- Selection of LIC Scholar will be on the basis of merit and family background such as percentage of marks in class 12th /10th and annual income of the family. In case of tie in the percentage of marks, students whose parent is having the lowest income shall be given preference.
- The candidate should secure more than 55%marks in professional streams and 50% marks in graduation courses in Arts/Science/Commerce or equivalent grade in the previous final examination of the course for which scholarship is awarded, failing which the scholarship will be discontinued.
- Scholarship shall not be given to more than one student in a family.
- The students should be regular in attendance for which the yardstick shall be decided by the competent authority of the school/college/university.
- Income certificate should be on self-certification basis by way of an affidavit on nonjudicial stamp paper for self-employed parents and from employer for employed parents supported by documents (from revenue department) such as land held in the name of parents.
- If a student violates any terms and conditions of the scholarship, the scholarship may be suspended or cancelled.
- If a student is found to have obtained a scholarship by false statement/certificates, his/her scholarship shall be cancelled forthwith and the amount of the scholarship paid shall be recovered, at the discretion of the concerned Divisional Administration of LIC.
- Out of the shortlisted candidates, Twenty (20) students will be selected under Regular Scholarship Scheme and ten (10) under Girl Child Scholarship Scheme depending upon merit and eligibility by the Divisional Office for grant of scholarships.
- LIC Golden Jubilee Foundation will lay down the detailed procedure for processing selecting and sanctioning of scholarships to eligible students.
How to Apply?
- Interested applicants can apply for the scholarship through this link.
- Once online application is submitted, the candidate will get acknowledgement at the email ID provided by him in his online application.
- Further correspondence will be made by the Divisional Office which is mentioned in the acknowledgement mail.
- The candidate should ensure to submit his correct email id and contact number for communication at a later date, if required.
- For further details, candidates may refer to the document “Instructions to candidates for online submission of application for GJF Scholarship Scheme 2021-22.”
- Dec 31, 2021