About Tata Consultancy Services
Tata Consultancy Services is an Indian multinational information technology services and consulting company with its headquarters in Mumbai.
About the Opportunity
Tata Consultancy Services is inviting applications from interested candidates for the post of Legal Counsel.
- Mumbai /Chennai/ Kolkata / Pune/ Delhi/ Hyderabad
- Bachelor’s degree in Law.
- Candidate must be well versed with the local language with at least 5 years+ of post-qualification experience.
- Must have knowledge of and experience in reviewing and negotiating IT/BPO contracts, non-disclosure agreements, software license agreements, subcontracts, MOUs, and other information technology-related documents, contracts relating to administration, immovable property and Human Resource.
- Must have excellent communication and team collaboration skills.
- Must have high professional, integrity, ethical standards and proactive approach.
Desirable experience in Outsourcing, IT/ ITES or Technology License transactions.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for supporting Legal functions of TCS and its subsidiaries within a region or cluster of regions. This includes as below:
- Review and negotiate requests for intents/proposals for IT/BPO outsourcing contracts, non-disclosure agreements, software license agreements, subcontracts, MOUs, and other related documents.
- Identifying the requirements, interpreting laws to determine their impact on Company’s business, initiatives and/or transactions and ensuring legal and regulatory compliance with the company’s responsibilities for meeting contractual, statutory and legal obligations.
- Assist seniors in the creation and updating of various forms of agreements.
- Assist the business in prosecuting or defending lawsuits or legal rights and obligations of the Company.
- Advising Human Resource Department regarding legal compliance requirements, employment disputes, employment agreements, policies, benefits and manuals.
- Assist the administrative department and coordinate with external counsels/advocates in due diligence or title search of immovable property and review and negotiation of the lease.