Gujarat Public Service Commission is inviting applications from eligible and interested candidates for the post of Law Officer.
About Gujarat Public Service Commission
The Gujarat Public Service Commission was established under article 315(1) of the Constitution of India on May 1st, 1960. The main functions of GPSC are to conduct examinations for civil service appointments across the state of Gujarat and advise the state government on methods of recruitment to various civil services of the state.
- Law Officer.
No. of Positions
- Possess a bachelor’s degree in law (special) / Bachelor of Legislative Law (LLB) (three years) / a bachelor’s Degree in Law (integrated) of five years course obtained from any of the Universities established or incorporated by or under the Central or a State Act in India; or any other educational institutions recognized as such or declared to be deemed as a University under section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956.
- Have about three years of active and continuous experience as an advocate and such an experience certificate shall be certified in case of an advocate practising in the high court by the Registrar General and in another case by the Presiding Officer of the Court or the Tribunal where he practices as an advocate; OR
- Have about three years experience of in legal matters in the Government/Local Bodies/Government undertaking /Board /Corporation / Limited Companies established under the Companies Act, 2013 or a University.
- Possess the basic knowledge of Computer Applications as prescribed in the Gujarat Civil
Services Classification and Recruitment (General) Rules, 1967.
- Possess adequate knowledge of Gujarati or Hindi or both.
- Not more than 42 years.
- Age will be considered on the last date of the online application.
- Age Relaxations:
- Female Candidates – 5 years
- Persons with Disabilities – 10 years
- Ex. Serviceman Including E.C.O. / S.S.C.O. – Length of Military Service plus three years (Maximum Up to 45 years)
- Rs. 44,900/- Rs. 1,42,400/- (Pay Matrix Level-08)
- Tentative Date for Preliminary Test: 22-01-2023
- Month (Tentative) for Preliminary Test Result: March – 2023
- Tentative month for Interview: June- 2023
- Final result will be published within 10 working days after the last date of the interview.