Morningstar Research group provides independent analysis on individual securities, funds, markets, and portfolios. The Research group also provides data on hundreds of thousands of investments offerings, including stocks, mutual funds, and similar vehicles, along with real-time global market data on millions of equities, indexes, futures, options, commodities, and precious metals, in addition to foreign exchange and Treasury markets. Morningstar is one of the largest independent sources of fund, equity, and credit data and research in the world, and our advocacy for investors interests is the foundation of our company
The Equity Data team is looking for a knowledgeable, enthusiastic, creative, and results-driven candidate with 1 to 3 years of experience in collecting fundamental data from balance sheet, cash flow statement, income statement and footnotes for Korean market companies as per the predefined collection policies. The team’s mandate is to be the experts in the field of fundamental data, whom our external and internal clients can trust to provide intelligent, valuable, and timely solutions. To this end as a Korean Language Specialist in Data Collection Team, you will work with Process Specialists, Content Researchers, Content Specialists, Operation Team Leaders, Data Analysts, Quality Assurance Analysts, Conversion and Translation Team and Client/third-party Stakeholders to enhance our collected Equity datasets. You will work in a global environment, managing stakeholders in multiple regions.
- Aid in translating and collecting financial data for Korean Markets traded in global financial markets using Morningstar collection systems and ensure data timelines, completeness and accuracy to meet business goals
- Perform data analysis to ensure required Equity data and methodologies are in place to drive the product
- Enhance and maintain the quality and efficiency of the data operations process
- Understand and cater to the needs of the clients reaching out to us in Korean markets
- Consult with subject matter experts and other colleagues to understand specialized concepts
- Closely work with quality assurance, products and technical departments to resolve clients’ data issues timely and effectively
- Actively discover and share ideas of improvement in work (including system, process and collection methodology) and propose enhancement suggestions to further improve system functionality, process efficiency and data quality.
- Basic knowledge of the Financial Statements and their terms in Korean markets
- Knowledge in identifying the difference between literal translation and financial translation
- Knowledge in building custom translation dictionary tools and testing
- Research and analytical ability on financial reporting of Korean financial statements
- Fluent in English and Korean (Intermediate to Advanced Level)
- Any bachelor’s degree (having bachelor’s in commerce is a plus) or equivalent is required
- Strong reading and comprehension ability, primarily in Equity Data operations data processing based on the reports provided in local languages.
- Adaptable, self-motivated, and energetic individual
- Ability to take calls early or late nights once or twice a week.
- Flexibility to work in shifts