Applications are invited for JRF (Physics) Under SERB Funded Project at IIT Palakkad for the year 2022. The last date of application is 30 April.
About the Institute
Indian Institute of Technology Palakkad is a public autonomous engineering and research institute located in Palakkad, Kerala. It is one of the five new IITs proposed in the 2014 Union budget of India.
- Required skills: Background in astrophysics particularly in stellar evolution and nucleosynthesis. Should have experience working with codes written in Fortran. Working knowledge in Python and Latex.
- Eligibility: Master’s degree in Physics/Astronomy/Astrophysics from a reputed Institute/ University with a good academic record. Qualification in a DST recognized National Eligibility Test like GATE/JEST is preferred.
- Age: Candidates who are below 31 years of age, as on the closing date of application, with relaxation to candidates belonging to OBC/SC/ST/PWD categories and women applicants as per Government of India norms.
- Initially for one year and extendable depending on satisfactory performance of the candidate and availability of funds.
- The monthly remuneration for this position will be Rs. 31,000/- (Thirty One Thousand Rupees Only).
- Hostel accommodation may be provided at the institute based on availability on a chargeable basis.
- In case of non-availability of institute hostel, admissible HRA will be provided as per Government of India rules.
How to Apply
- Candidates satisfying the required skills may send their resumes and certificates pertaining to educational qualifications starting from class X (in a single PDF) to “projjwal[at]iitpkd.ac.in ”.
- The subject of the application e-mail should be Application for Junior Research Fellow – IITPKD/2022/003/PHY/PRB. The candidate is expected to join immediately after receiving the offer letter.
- Deadline for application: 30 April 2022 (Saturday)