Amazon.com, Inc. is an American multinational technology company which focuses on e-commerce, cloud computing, digital streaming, and artificial intelligence. It is one of the Big Five companies in the U.S. information technology industry, along with Google, Apple, Microsoft, and Facebook.
At Amazon, we work hard to ensure that every Amazon product or service our customers purchase is made or handled in a way that ensures respect for the rights of workers throughout our supply chain and operations. Our Sustainability/Social Responsibility team partners with internal businesses, suppliers, and service providers on a continuous improvement model, researching and identifying risks in places where we source and operate, and designing solutions to help understand and mitigate those risks.
The Program Specialist of Social Responsibility/Responsible Sourcing will support strategies to ensure suppliers adhere to the highest ethical standards according to Amazon’s Supplier Code of Conduct. They will engage with cross-functional teams to mitigate the most material social risks within our supply chains and play an active role in managing project goals and driving teams to achieve customers’ business outcomes by managing issues, risks, decisions, and action items.
- Facilitate the development of corrective action plans with suppliers and confirm resolution of non-compliance in a timely manner, where necessary.
- Provide onsite and other support in monitoring Amazon-engaged auditor’s performance and maintaining their competency.
- Highlight patterns of suppliers and auditors performance and discuss recommended improvements with SR Senior Program Manager.
- Manage focused investigations for key violations or allegations, and in partnership with third party firms where deems fit.
- Support the development and enhancement of SR program execution and effectiveness.
- Provide feedback on scalable solutions to support supplier’s self-learning, self-monitoring, self-improvement, where feasible.
- Proactively work with cross functional internal teams (e.g., Policy, Product, SR-Ops) to enhance and evolve SR program to drive measurable improvements on process efficiency and effectiveness.
- Acts as a change agent by influencing targeted supplier management behavior to improve working conditions.
- Participate in other SR team initiatives and programs as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 4 – 6 years of experience driving ethical/responsible sourcing within global supply chains and/or operations.
- Experience and proficiency in project/program management
- Expertise in regional and international labor standards (e.g., Local Labor Legislations, ILO)
- Must be proficient in use of computer applications, such as, MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills in English
- Experience influencing key stakeholders both internal and external
- Candidate should have strong analytical abilities
- Experience working with non-profit organizations in social sector
- Experience working on Environmental project
- Experience working with brands and retailers