The Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC) invites applications for the Recruitment of Scientific Officers in the Department of Atomic Energy through the Bhabha Atomic Research Centre Training School.
BARC Training Schools provide two Training Schemes to deserving candidates ambitious of pursuing a rewarding career in Nuclear Science, Engineering, and Technology.
They are respectively called Orientation Course for Engineering Graduates and Science Postgraduates (OCES) and DAE Graduate Fellowship Scheme for Engineering Graduates and Physics Postgraduates (DGFS). Successful completion of the Training Schemes guarantees employment as Scientific Officer “C‟ in one of the DAE units or Atomic Energy Regulatory Board with attractive career progression opportunities up to the highest echelons.
Training Schemes and Employment Description
- One-year Orientation Course for Engineering Graduates and Science Postgraduates for the academic year 2021-2022 (OCES-2021) will be conducted at the five BARC Training Schools situated in Mumbai, Kalpakkam, Indore, and Hyderabad. A Trainee Scientific Officer (TSO), who scores a minimum of 50% aggregate marks on completion of the Training Program is declared to have passed the course successfully. Appointment in DAE units shall be as a “Group A” Gazetted Officer of the Government of India except in BHAVINI, NPCIL, and UCIL which are governed by the service rules of Corporations.
- Two-year DAE Graduate Fellowship Scheme for Engineering Graduates and Physics Postgraduates for the academic session beginning in July/ August 2021 (DGFS-2021). Under this scheme, Engineering Graduates and Physics Postgraduates who have excelled in the Selection Interviews for the BARC Training Schools’ programs and who have also independently secured admission for M. Tech./ M.Chem. Engg. in select Institutes and specializations, are paid stipend and tuition fee to pursue an M.Tech./ M.Chem. Engg. degree while retaining their employment in DAE. After successful completion of one-year course work at the Institute, DGFS Fellows undertake project work, which is assigned by DAE and supervised jointly by a DAE and an Institute guide.
Candidates are invited to apply for the following disciplines:
- Engineering Disciplines
- Fast Reactor Technology
- Quality Assurance & Quality Control
- Physics Discipline
- Chemistry Discipline
- Biosciences Discipline
- Radiological Safety & Environmental Science
- Geology Discipline
- Those having M.Sc. (by research) or Ph.D. are not eligible
Stipend & Allowances
- OCES TSOs and DGFS Fellows are paid a stipend of ₹ 55,000 per month during the period of their training and a one-time book allowance of ₹ 18,000.
- DGFS Fellows have reimbursed the tuition fee for M.Tech./ M.Chem.Engg. and are additionally paid a one-time Contingency Grant of ₹ 25,000 to meet M.Tech./ M.Chem. Engg. project-related expenses.
- Boarding and Lodging in DAE Hostel are mandatory for OCES TSOs during the Training period. Boarding and lodging in the DGFS Institute hostel are mandatory for DGFS Fellows during M. Tech./ M.Chem. Engg. program.
Grade & Pay
- Monthly emoluments (with three increments) at the time of joining including Dearness Allowance, House Rent Allowance, and Transport Allowance at the present Mumbai rate, will be approximately ₹ 95,000.
- In addition, other Allowances such as Leave Travel Concession by air, every year up to first eight years (subject to conditions) and once in two years thereafter, Children’s Education Allowance and Professional Update Allowance are also payable.
|Last date for Registration for Online Application||7rd August, 2021|
|Last date for Submission of Online Application||9th August, 2021|
|Online Examination Slot Booking||20th – 25th August, |
|Online Examination||5th – 12th|
|Display of List of candidates short-listed for Interview on Online Application Portal||21st September, 2021|
|Availability based option on Online Application Portal to select Interview Slot for qualified candidates||24th – 28th|
|Selection Interviews||4th – 29th|
|Display of List of Candidates finally selected for OCES-2021 on Online Application Porta||Second |
|Last Date for Selected OCES-2021 Candidates desirous of DGFS to give details of M.Tech I M.Chem. Engg. admission in a DGFS institute||Third week of November, 2021|
|Declaration of List of Applicants Selected for DGFS-2021 on Online Application Portal||30th November, 2021|