About the Organization:
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is the United Nations’ global development network. They advocate for change and connect countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life for them. They provide expert advice, training and grants support to developing countries, with increasing emphasis on assistance to the least developed countries. They promote technical and investment cooperation among nations.
Position: Project Officer- Entrepreneurship and Value Chain Development
Duties and Responsibilities:
S/he would have the overall responsibility to plan, implement the project component of entrepreneurship and agriculture value chain, on ground and achieve the intended goal and impact. S/he will be responsible for and carry out the following tasks (not limited to):
Project implementation and management
- Farm interventions and enabling market access to farmers
- Facilitate and monitor creation of community cadre, business managers and sourcing managers in the project location in order to help beneficiaries in starting enterprises, mentors in agri-business, accessing market linkages, strengthening supply chains, products management etc.
- Support the strengthening of community-based institutions/self-help groups/village organization/cluster level federation/other groups promoted under livelihoods and entrepreneurship development and income enhancement.
- Program management related to distribution of input provision, backward linkages and forward market linkage activities to ensure sales through VO/ farmer producer groups and individual beneficiaries.
Coordination with stakeholders and effective communication of results
- Ensure high quality information and visibility of the project activities to the stakeholders and seek their inputs wherever required.
- Ensure close coordination and strong partnerships with all partners and stakeholders like community, relevant Government Line Department, SRLM, MSME, ITIs, civil society organisations etc.
- Facilitating convergence with District administration.
Effective monitoring and communication of the Project
- Support in identifying key performance indicators, ensure effective information sharing, provision of feedback and elaboration of top-quality progress reports.
- Put in place a Results Based Monitoring System – day-to-day coordination with the partner/s., weekly monitoring meetings with partner agency/s to monitor progress, preparation of monthly and quarterly reports and quality check of all reports submitted and continuous data capturing.
- Ensure timely reporting by technical partners, non-profit organisations.
- Knowledge product development capturing challenges, project progress and results to facilitate evidence-based program implementation and policy making for local governments at district and block level.
- Facilitating preparation and review of detailed project report and implementation plans for the partner NGOs and technical support agencies of the project and share it with country office.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of bachelor’s in agriculture, /Business management/Economics, any other social science or rural management related discipline.
- Atleast 3 years of work experience in livelihoods related projects with a focus on micro enterprises, market linkages, agri/non agri value chains.
- 2 years of demonstrated experience in working at the State/ District level with large scale implementation project and/or donor assisted projects;
- Previous experience in working with government agencies, NGOs, private sector, UN will be an asset.
- Fluency in English and Hindi (mandatory) and working knowledge of Gujarati (preferred)
Remuneration: 77,809 per month (taxable).
How to Apply
- For more information please check the Link