KPMG Global Services (KGS) was set up in India in 2008. It is a strategic global delivery organization, which works with more than 50 KPMG member firms to provide a progressive, scalable and customized approach to business requirements
The KGS journey has been one of consistent growth, with a current employee count of nearly 10,000 operating from four locations in India — Bengaluru, Gurugram, Kochi and Pune, providing a range of Advisory and Tax-related services to member firms within the KPMG network.
As part of KPMG in India, we were ranked among the top companies to work for in the country for four years in a row by LinkedIn, and recognized as one of the top three employers in the region for women, as well as for policies on Inclusion & Diversity by ASSOCHAM (The Associated Chambers of Commerce & Industry of India).
About the Position
The position in discussion is with Capability Hubs (CH) team at KPMG Global Services (KGS), which is KPMG’s knowledge services hub and is an integral part of the firm’s strategy to enhance innovation, build scalability, and improve profitability.
KGS’ CH is integral to the firm’s strategy of enhancing innovation, building scalability and improving profitability. This unit is currently 900+ members’ strong capability.
|Reporting to||Asst. Manager/Manager|
|Role type||Individual contributor|
Roles and Responsibilities
We are recruiting for a Business Associate in the Research and Benchmarking team. Working as a Business Associate in the team, your responsibilities will include:
- Contribute to research and benchmarking assignments – either as a part of an ongoing client engagement, or as a part of business development efforts conducted by the entity
- Conceive and execute secondary research on:
- Company: business model, segments, revenue model, strategy, issues / challenges, M&A history, competitive positioning, organization structure, key management, recent developments, SWOT, etc.
- Market: industry value chain, size and growth outlook, trends and drivers, growth inhibitors and challenges, competitive landscape, Porter’s / PESTLE analysis, etc.
- Financials: broad analysis of income statement, balance sheet, cash flows, ratios, segment performance, etc.
- Competitors: comparative performance of companies on financial and operational KPIs, relative strengths and weaknesses, etc.
- Contribute to preparation of client deliverables (MS PowerPoint, MS Excel, MS Word) – prepare client ready presentations that are well structured, logical and clear to understand
- Undertake exhaustive research and benchmarking for deliverables and triangulate information and data points from various data sources
- Logical thought structuring and ability to draw insights/so-what’s in simple to mid-complex projects with guidance
- Articulate findings through use of clear, concise, and grammatically correct business English (both written and verbal)
- Understand client objectives, and context with minimal guidance, and relate research and benchmarking conducted to meet end objectives
- Thorough understanding of internal benchmarking databases
- Be able to identify and come up with proxies for data
- Specialize in one BM product (surveys or location assessment) and be able to execute it completely
- Be able to own parts of niche benchmarking engagements such as Functional BM, Financial BM and execute with minimal guidance
- Deliver parts of mid-complex projects with guidance
- Deliver error free output while adhering to project timelines and effort estimates
- Work with appropriate supervision and guidance from Team Lead/Assistant Manager/Manager
- Work collaboratively with onshore KPMG teams in the development of and delivery of presentations and key findings
Educational Qualification/Prior Experience
- Education Qualification: MBA / M.Com/ PG in Commerce
- Candidate with 0-1 years of relevant experience in a similar role, particularly in a leading consulting firm (e.g. other Big 4, global investment bank, leading research house), will be given preference
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Highly articulate with excellent communication and presentation skills (especially PowerPoint)
- Ability to synthesize qualitative and quantitative data quickly and draw meaningful insights
- Good knowledge of secondary research sources (e.g. Bloomberg, Factiva, S&P Capital IQ) would be an advantage
- Very strong understanding of Excel and be able to create dashboards, excel models, etc.
- Experience in preparing reports, thought leaderships, media articles, industry landscapes, company analysis and regulatory updates would be an advantage
How to Apply
|Number of interview rounds||2-3|
|Mode of interview||Telephonic/F2F/Virtual|
|Clean room policy (specific to business)||Yes|
How to Apply
- For the Official Notification and Application, Click HERE