The Centre for Social and Economic Progress is looking for a motivated graduate in Science/Economics domain interested in conducting policy-relevant research on climate change, energy transition and urbanisation. Candidates with relevant qualification (see below) and a keen interest in policy research may apply. The candidate will be part of a caring meritocratic organization, which believes in shaping policy discourse through independent and credible research.
The Centre for Social and Economic Progress (CSEP) conducts in-depth, policy relevant research and provides evidence-based recommendations to the challenges facing India and the world. It draws on the expertise of its researchers, extensive interactions with policy makers as well as convening power to enhance the impact of research. Our researchers work across the domains of Economic Growth and Development including Urbanisation; Energy, Natural Resources and Sustainability; and Foreign Policy and Security. All our research and policy recommendations are freely available to the public.
CSEP is based in New Delhi and registered as a company limited by shares and not for profit, under Section 8 of the Companies Act, 1956.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Secondary research in the areas of climate science and policy, energy and environmental economics, and urbanisation
- Data assimilation, cleaning and organisation in spreadsheets
- Data analysis in statistical packages and preparation of charts/exhibits
- Independent quality assurance reviews
- Work-flow management and coordination
- Degree in computer sciences, economics, physics, energy engineering, or similar
- Interest in climate change studies and its economic impacts, development economics, and urbanisation
- 1+ years’ experience in data cleaning and analysis in open-source software (preferably R)
- Good understanding of spreadsheet-based modelling (preferably in Microsoft Excel)
- Knowledge of (or willingness to learn) time series econometrics and macroeconomics
- Ability to multitask and pursue interdisciplinary research.
How to Apply
- To apply, please submit a cover letter, a resume and a work sample along with two references by the 25th February 2022.
- Please submit your resume at [email protected] and add your cover letter as an attachment when you apply, with the subject line ‘Research Assistant/Analyst – Climate Change and Development’.
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Join our WhatsApp and Telegram groups to stay updated with all opportunities!