About Institute for Defence Studies and Analyses
The Manohar Parrikar Institute for Defence Studies and Analyses (MP-IDSA), is a non-partisan, autonomous body dedicated to objective research and policy relevant studies on all aspects of defence, security and international relations. Its mission is to promote national and international security through the generation and dissemination of knowledge on defence and security-related issues.
- Number of Positions: 10
Salary and Other Emoluments
- As per 7th CPC Pay Matrix Level 6 (Rs. 35,400/- – 1,12,400/-)
- Pay / emoluments being offered with the post is under review and is liable to change
- On-Campus Accommodation:Residential accommodation is available at MP-IDSA.In case, accommodation is not available, HRA will be permissible.
- Master’s Degree with a first class in Social Sciences and allied fields such as public policy, international relations, strategic affairs, development studies is essential
- Preference shall be given to candidates who have a background in the respective fields and have completed M.Phil. or Ph.D. in the desired area.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Participate in the capacity building activities like writing/research workshops, language training etc.
- Work as part of a project undertaken (at any time by the Centre) and/ or assist Centre members on specific papers and compile monthly activity report
- Providing research support for the Centre which may involve data mining by scanning journals and new arrivals in the library to provide a bibliography of the various articles/books relating to the subject matter concerned
- Will be encouraged to write a research paper/ journal article once a year unless handled significant institutional responsibilities
- Provide administrative support for organising roundtables, workshops, seminars, conferences, meetings under the aegis of the Centre, getting in touch over telephone and email with invitees (chairs, discussants, participants) under the supervision of the Centre Coordinator, coordinating with the conference cell to arrange transport, refreshments, lunch etc.
- Assisting with major events organised by the Institute like the Asian Security Conference, South Asia Conference, Foundation Day, etc. every year.
How to Apply
- For Official Notification, Click Here
- Online Mode: Interested candidates may send in their documents, along with the attached form, by e-mail with the subject titled “Application for the Position of Research Analyst – (Mention Name of the Centre), MP-IDSA” to the HR Cell at [email protected]
- Offline Mode: Alternatively, hard copy of the application in prescribed format with the envelope clearly titled “Application for the Position of Research Analyst – (Mention Name of the Centre), MP-IDSA” can also be sent to: Human Resource Cell, Manohar Parrikar Institute for Defence Studies and Analyses (MP-IDSA), 1, Development Enclave, Rao Tula Ram Marg, Delhi Cantt., New Delhi-110010