The Centre for Management Communication (CenComm) at the Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore (IIMB) invites applications for the position of Academic Associate from qualified candidates.
The Indian Institute of Management Bangalore is a public business school and Institute of National Importance located in Bangalore, India. Founded in 1973, it was the third IIM to be established, after IIM Calcutta and IIM Ahmedabad.
- This position is suitable for candidates with excellent academic credentials who have a long-term interest to engage in teaching and research in areas of Business and Managerial Communication.
- The selected candidates will be primarily required to support the Centre for Management Communication in conducting the Communication Acceleration Programme (CAP).
- CAP is aimed at improving the written and oral English communication skills of students at the institute. Academic Associates are expected to design and implement assignments and projects and to guide these students with a view to improving their competency in this area.
- Additionally, they may be required to provide teaching, administrative and research support to the faculty in the Communication Area as required and appropriate.
- Candidates will have a Master’s Degree in English. Candidates with teaching experience at the college level or industry experience in technical or business writing will be preferred.
- An all-inclusive monthly emolument in the range of Rs. 30,000 (Rupees Thirty Thousand only) to Rs. 36,000 (Rupees Thirty-six Thousand only) per month plus an additional house rent allowance of Rs. 8,000 (Rupees Eight Thousand) per month based on the educational qualification and experience of the applicant.
- Annual increment will be based on the performance.
- Initially for a period of one year and extendable up to 03 years based on performance review. If the candidate registers for a Ph.D. program in another institution within the 3 years a further extension of two years can be given, and an additional one year if sufficient progress on the dissertation work is seen.
How to Apply?
- Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here.
- Last date to apply is March 12, 2021. This position is on contract. Selected candidates should be prepared to take up the assignment immediately. The maximum age limit for being appointed under these Rules will ordinarily not exceed 60 years for Non-teaching staff, subject to the discretion of the director.
- For full notification, click here.