Applications are invited for Consultant for Writing and Communication Studio at IIM Indore for the year 2021. Online applications are open until filled.
Keeping with IIM Indore’s legacy of being at the forefront of educational innovation, the WCS was unveiled for the IIM Indore community under the leadership of the Director, Professor Himanshu Rai on November 1, 2019. Herein, the studio aimed to cater to the rhetorical and communication necessities of the IIM Indore community.
Writing and communication studios, and their variants, have been vibrant spaces in top-ranked global universities since the early 20th century. In recent years, academic institutions in India have recognized the exigency for these sites, and IIM Indore is delighted to be one of the Indian pioneers in this regard.
IIM Indore houses a diverse community of students who are part of its flagship postgraduate (PGP), executive (EPGP), and doctoral (FPM) programmes, along with a unique five-year Integrated Programme in Management (IPM), which is the first of its kind in India. The WCS was instituted to meet the varied rhetoric and communication needs of this student and faculty body. The WCS is a site to conduct activities related to academic writing and professional communication skills and provide one-to-one support to the institutional community on their specific communication needs.
- The candidates must have a postgraduate degree in any discipline of Management, Social Sciences, Humanities or Sciences, with an inclination for working closely with students on a one-on-one level. Candidates, with teaching experience and certified expertise in the field of Communication, ESL/ELT, and English-language teaching in India will be preferred.
- To conduct online, and in-person consultancy sessions for students, faculty members, and other community members at IIM Indore.
- To provide expert, individualized guidance on rhetoric, communication, language and composition.
- To create periodic and relevant handouts for students and other community members at IIM Indore on rhetoric, communication, along with other job-market material.
- To conduct relevant and targeted workshops for students to cater to their specific communication needs (social internships, group discussions, résumé writing etc.).
- To provide administrative support with language needs.
- To participate in regular outreaches to ensure that the WCS remains a vibrant and appealing space for the students.
- To build more engagement around the various activities that the WCS engages in through its digital space. This space would document all WCS events, activities, and resources that the studio has fashioned.
- To curate and content for WCS’s online space.
- Any other duty assigned by the faculty coordinator from time to time.
Interested and eligible candidates are requested to send their application in the Prescribed Format along with scanned copies of Qualification Certificates (One PDF file for all qualifications certificates as Annexure-1), Experience Certificate (One PDF file for all Experience certificates as Annexure-2) and Category/PwD certificate if applicable (One PDF file for Category and PwD certificates as Annexure-3) via email at [email protected] super scribed subject as “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF “Consultant for Writing and Communication Studio (WCS)”.
- The position will remain open until filled.
- The final salary will be decided according to the credentials of the candidate.
Nature of Appointment
- This is a one-year contractual post that is subject to renewal after the year-end appraisal. The annual increase in the salary would be based on performance review.