About the Organization:
Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab (J-PAL) is a global research center working to reduce poverty by ensuring that policy is informed by scientific evidence. Anchored by a network of 181 affiliated professors at universities around the world, J-PAL conducts randomized impact evaluations to answer critical questions in the fight against poverty.
- Position: Policy, Training and Communications Intern: J-PAL South Asia
- Location: Work from Home
The Intern will support J-PAL Policy, Training and Communications staff on a range of responsibilities, including:
- Developing evidence synthesis and dissemination products for J-PAL’s ten thematic sectors, including policy-research memos, proposals, and presentations
- Stakeholder mappings of civil society organisations, governments, and technical partners in order to catalyse new research across J-PAL’s ten thematic sectors
- Organising and executing capacity-building initiatives and courses
- Supporting policy staff in managing partnerships with a diverse range of stakeholders, including government bodies, research organisations, donors, civil society organisations, and social enterprises
- Any other tasks as requested
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in economics, political science, public policy, or any related field.
- Desirable but not necessary: Completed or currently completing a course on quantitative research methods.
Skills and competencies:
- Exceptional communication skills, including clear, precise, non-technical writing in English, and creativity in presentation.
- Proven ability to independently handle multiple diverse assignments simultaneously, successfully complete assigned tasks and meet deadlines while conducting high-quality work
- Ability to work closely with multiple team members in a collaborative manner
- Strong interest in international development policy, South Asia development, and/or program evaluation as demonstrated by coursework and professional experience
- Self-motivated, ability to problem solve and to work with minimal supervision.
- Attention to detail
How to Apply
- For the Official Notification and Application, Click HERE