UNDP invites applications for the research intern who will be responsible for supporting the Chief, Climate Change, Resilience, NR and Chemicals Management in research and overall support in the run up to COP26.
The United Nations Development Programme is the global development network of the United Nations. It promotes technical and investment cooperation among nations and advocates for change and connects countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life for themselves.
- 6 Months
Applicants to the UNDP internship programme must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in a postgraduate degree programme (such as a master’s programme, or higher) on relevant subject such as Environmental / Climate Change Studies.
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (such as bachelor’s degree or equivalent) on relevant subject such as as Environmental / Climate Change Studies.
- Have recently graduated with a university degree (as defined in (a) and (b) above);
- Be enrolled in a postgraduate professional traineeship program and undertake the internship as part of this program.
- Excellent understanding about climate change, international relations & negotiations in the Environmental field.
- Good understanding on issues such as Climate Change, energy, international and national negotiation on climate change issues.
- Experience of working with/ volunteering with research institutes/ civil society organisations on climate change research projects/
- Ability to produce quality document with quick turnaround time.
- Experience in writing blogs, features, articles & documenting gender specific case studies would be an asset.
- Good team player and ability to adapt to change in work environment.
Under the guidance of Chief, Climate Change, Resilience, NR and Chemicals Management, UNDP India the intern is expected to:
- Create a repository of key highlights / viewpoints on issues discussed in previous COPs and subsidiary meetings on climate change negotiations
- Support the team in identifying the main issues at stake at COP26, its importance and analysis of viewpoints of developed and developing countries
- Assist the team in developing reports / discussion papers for the Government of India in the runup to COP26.
- Support the team in organizing side-events and/or discussions at the COP26.
- Support the project team in conducting research and reviewing discussion papers / articles on topics such as “climate and SDGs” , adaptation and resilience, climate finance and technology.
- Any other task as advised by the team.
- Last date of application submission: 28 July 2021.
- Starting date of the internship: 30 July 2021
How to Apply
- Interested candidates can apply online via this page.
- Click HERE to view the official notification of Internship Opportunity (Research- Climate Change) at UNDP, New Delhi.